Chronos Releases SOHO Notes 5.5, “The premier note manager for Mac OS X”
Park City, Utah – July 10, 2006 — Chronos LC today announced the release
of SOHO Notes 5.5, a MAJOR update to its class-leading note manager for Mac
OS X. This new version makes it easier than ever for users to get organized
and bring harmony to their digital life.
MAJOR NEW FEATURES
* DockNote. DockNote slides out from the side of the screen and makes it
easy to get information into and out of SOHO Notes even when SOHO Notes
isn’t running. Users can simply drag rich text, images, pdf’s, web
archives, url’s, files, etc. to DockNote to have it added to their
collection of notes. DockNote also lets users paste the content from SOHO
Notes notes directly into other applications with a single click. As an
added bonus, DockNote records all activity to the system-wide clipboard so
users can go back and re-use information they previously copied to the
* Journal. Many users have been using SOHO Notes as a tool to write and
record their personal daily journal or diary. A new Journal folder makes it
easy to create and organize journal entries. New journal entries are
automatically titled and date-stamped.
* Full-Screen Editor. Notes can now be edited in a “focus-oriented”
full-screen mode which minimizes distractions. The background color, text
color, and zoom level can all be customized.
* Labels. A color-coded label such as “Travel” or “Work” can now be
assigned to any note to further help users organize notes beyond their
folder organization. The master list of labels can be fully customized.
* Flags. Notes can now be flagged and lists of flagged notes can be quickly
* Audio Recording. Users can easily create audio notes using their
computer’s built-in microphone or an external microphone. Recorded audio
notes are perfect for quickly capturing class lectures, reminders to self,
* Blogging. Notes can be posted as blog entries to most popular blogging
sites using the industry-standard ATOM blogging protocol. Users can thus
use SOHO Notes to author, manage, archive and then ultimately publish the
entries to their blog.
35+ ENHANCEMENTS, OPTIMIZATIONS, FIXES
SOHO Notes 5.5 also includes 35+ enhancements, optimizations and bug fixes:
* Print to SOHO Notes from the Print dialog of any application even if SOHO
Notes isn’t running.
* A new Downloads window shows the progress of importing and converting
url’s to web archives.
* Content can now be imported by dragging to the SOHO Notes application
icon in the Mac OS X Dock.
* Print bookmark, web archive, image, and pdf notes.
* Much, much, more…
For a detailed list of all the changes in this update visit the Chronos web
site at (http://www.chronosnet.com).
AVAILABILITY & REQUIREMENTS
Chronos believes users should have the opportunity to try the software for
free before they purchase. A fully functional 30 day trial version can be
downloaded from Chronos’ web site at (http://www.chronosnet.com). SOHO
Notes has been attractively priced at $39.99 and is available directly from
SOHO Notes is the official successor to StickyBrain. Reigstered StickyBrain
4.x customers can upgrade to SOHO Notes 5.5 for FREE. Registered
StickyBrain 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x customers can upgrade to SOHO Notes 5.5 for
only $25. It is available immediately for download as a full installer.
SOHO Notes requires Mac OS X v10.4.7 or later and is a Universal
application (runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh
computers); 60MB of available disk space.
Chronos has been developing award-winning Macintosh software since 1993 and
is based in Park City, Utah, home of the 2002 Winter Games.