CDFINDER 4.6 RELEASED
May 16, 2006, Langenhahn, Germany
West-Forest-Systems today announced the immediate availability of CDFinder
4.6 for download.
CDFinder is the unique software solution to organize your disk and data
archive, and to keep track of digital media assets.
CDFinder is the unique disk cataloging utility for the Apple Macintosh that
catalogs any data disk, CD-ROM, DVD, iPod, network volume, Audio-CD, and
With this new release, CDFinder masters the third transition in its life of
ten years. First to the PowerPC, then to Mac OS X, and now to the new
Intel-Macs. Every time, CDFinder was the first (PowerPC and Mac OS X), or
among the first to benefit from the exciting new Macintosh abilities.
Several unique features set CDFinder apart from the rest of the crowd.
– import 7 catalog formats of other vendors
– read exhaustive photo and audio meta data
– catalog the contents of 6 archive file formats
– catalog Audio-CDs
– use AppleScript to integrate CDFinder into any workflow
– search your local data with Spotlight
– find data based on every available meta data piece that CDFinder can catalog
– be used in a cross-platform network with CDWinder for Windows
CDFinder can share the catalog database in a network, and supports a wife
variety of audio data, including MP3 and AAC files, Audio-CDs, and photo
files (EXIF, IPTC)
Contents of archive files can be cataloged as well, including StuffIt,
StuffIt Deluxe, Compact Pro, ZIP (used by Mac OS X), TAR, .rar, and the
older Apple Installer (Tome) files.
The CDFinder application contains the user interface translated into
several languages: German, French, English, Italian, Swedish, Spanish, and
Together with CDWinder for Windows, (http://www.cdwinder.de/) this is a
unique cross platform, network solution to catalog disks and CD-ROMs on a
Macintosh and a PC.
CDFinder is currently used on more than 30,000 seats worldwide. Customers
include IKEA, NASA, CIA, Warner Bros., Pfizer, Hasbro, Springer & Jacoby,
University of Edinburgh, New York Times, University of South Australia, BYU
University, Stanford University, Futurenet, Saatchi & Saatchi, Ringier AG,
Advico Young Rubicam, BBDO, McCann-Erickson, Jung von Matt, World Book,
Inc., The Principal Financial Group, Fossil Partners LP, Addison Design,
StoreImage Programs Inc., Clipper Magazine, and many more.
CDFinder requires Mac OS X 10.2 and is fully compatible to Tiger. As a
Universal Binary, it runs native on PowerPC and Intel-Macs.
A CDFinder Private License starts at $30, several Business Licenses are
New in CDFinder 4.6:
– CDFinder is now a Universal Binary for PowerPC- and Intel-Macs!
– The Find function has been extended dramatically. You can now enter up to
16 search parameters for ever query, up from only two, and more
– Five new extra fields for catalogs allow you to extend the CDFinder
database very flexible
– Two additional fields can contain a “location” and a “serial number”
value, that latter is automatically created by CDFinder
– All seven new fields and the comment can now be edited directly in the
– CDFinder can now catalogue the contents of .sitx files (requires Mac OS X
10.4 and StuffIt Deluxe)
– A new “link” button in the header section of the Found Items and the
Catalog windows improves navigation. It quickly reveals the catalog in the
– The “New Folder” command will now just quickly create a new folder, and
start an editing session for it. Previously, a modal window would appear
where you had to type in the name
– All printing functions have been rewritten for Quartz imaging. That
produces very crisp results
– The Disk Tracker 1.x and 2.x importer now both read the serial number and
write it into the new field in CDFinder
– Several windows have been re-designed for better Aqua appearance
– Saving new catalogs on non HFS+ volumes now works better, and prevents
the errors -48 and -1704
– Resizing column widths is now live
– Quite a lot of issues have been solved, so make sure you update quickly!
This is a free update and very recommended!
The new version can be obtained from the CDFinder Web Site