[MD1] JConfig 1.1b
From: email@example.com (Chris Kelly)
Version 1.1b of JConfig is now available.
JConfig is a Java class library designed to help you create shrink-wrap
style applications in Java. This version supports both Apple's MRJ and
Metrowerks CodeWarrior Pro2, as well as fixing a few bugs and adding some
You can download the latest version from:
Some of JConfig's features include the following:
- Get extended information on files, folders, volumes,
and aliases: their icons, creation dates, version information,
- Enumerate the currently mounted disk drives.
- Launch a Web browser with a URL or a file.
- Identify, resolve, and create aliases.
- Enumerate the user's video monitors.
- Get information on a video monitor: bit depth, bounds, etc.
- Create external processes.
- Send basic commands to external processes.
- Obtain the PSN or HWND of a process you created.
- Convert between Windows file extensions and Mac creator/file type
- Find applications by name.
- Find applications associated with a given file type.
- Iterate over the entries in the Internet Config file mapping
Please send your comments or suggestions to (firstname.lastname@example.org)