Xojo, Inc. has launched Xojo 2019 Release 1. It’s a rapid application development tool for making apps for the desktop (macOS, Windows and Linux), web, iOS, and Raspberry Pi.
With over 200 improvements, this release adds some exciting updates, including improved Layout Editor performance, according to Geoff Perlman, Xojo Founder and CEO. In addition, Xojo is now offering licenses for building desktop and console Pi apps free.
Xojo 2019 Release 1 includes:
- Significant improvements to performance of Layout Editor, especially with web projects
- The free Xojo Pi license now lets you build for Console and Desktop
- Improvements to URLConnection: SendSync now works with threads, added a new HTTPStatus property, URLConnection also now appears in Library for desktop projects
- 32-bit Windows builds use OS app manifest
- Spell checking now also supported in TextArea on Linux
- Dynamic Constants are now referred to as Localized Strings
- General AutoComplete improvements