Apple has updated Final Cut Pro X, its pro video editing app, to version 10.4.6. The app costs $299.99 for new users. It, and the update, are available at the Mac App Store.
According to Apple’s release notes, these are the changes in Final Cut Pro X 10.4.6:
- Detects media files that may be incompatible with future versions of macOS after Mojave and converts them to a compatible format
- Fixes an issue that could cause share destinations to disappear from the share menu after quitting Final Cut Pro
- Fixes an issue that could cause the workflow extension button to disappear when resizing the interface
- Fixes an issue in which the Select Clip command could incorrectly select the clip beneath the playhead
- Fixes an issue in which a successful share notification appears after the share operation was cancelled
- Fixes an issue in which frames saved to the frame browser in the Comparison Viewer may appear differently than they do in the viewer
- Fixes an issue in which frequency information for Hum Removal may not be visible in the audio inspector
- Fixes an issue in which relinked media may appear with black thumbnails in the browser and timeline
- Fixes an issue in which the share menu may be obscured behind the viewer when using Final Cut Pro in fullscreen mode
- Improves reliability when sharing video to YouTube.