Freeridecoding today released a free update for its backup tool SmartBackup
SmartBackup is a backup application to perform daily backups to harddrives,
network sharepoints, webDAV, usb sticks, iPods etc.
From a smart efficient document backup to a full bootable backup of Mac OS
X – SmartBackup is very easy to set up and straightforward. To simplify the
configuration of custom backup sets, the tool supports the use of
Spotlights “saved searches” as backup items or to define exclusion.
SmartBackup optionally archives deleted or changed items during each backup
and keeps them sorted in an archive folder.
SmartBackup supports handling of multiple backup sets and can be automated
using iCal, Automator or for the unix pros using the commandline mode and
– handling of locked files
– handling of disabled items at cleanup
– progress indication
– error handling
– straightforward interface
– backup presets
– backup/exclude saved searches
– archiving of changed/deleted files
– bootable backups
– easy handling of multiple backup sets
– powerful built-in sync engine
– preserves important metadata
– optimized for network backup
– schedulable with iCal or Automator
– commandline mode
– built in restore
native on Intel or PPC Macs (“universal binary”)
requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
more information can be found:
Licenses: Single 15 Euro (appr. 22USD), Family Pack 30 Euro (appr.
44USD), Site licenses available.