VMware Fusion 1.1 Beta for Intel Macs
We are pleased to announce the release of VMware Fusion 1.1 Beta 1, the
most seamless way to run Windows on your Intel-based Mac.
Based on feedback from users like you, we’ve made scores of improvements
that make VMware Fusion even more reliable and easier to use.
Before installing VMware Fusion 1.1 Beta 1, refer to the Before You Begin
section of the Release Notes for more details.
New and Improved Features in VMware Fusion 1.1 Beta
* New experimental support for DirectX 9.0 3D graphics (without shaders) to
enable more Windows 3D applications and games.
* iPhone now syncs with Outlook in Windows virtual machines
* Unity improvements include:
* Option to show or hide the Windows taskbar and Start menu in the View menu
* VMware Fusion “Launch Applications” window no longer appears
automatically when no Unity windows are open
* Improved support for Windows Vista 32 and 64-bit editions
* Improved support for Windows XP 64-bit edition
* Improved Boot Camp partition detection to work around issue where the
partition type is incorrectly set
* Improved support for Mac OS X Leopard hosts
* Eject key now automatically ejects the optical drive, even if the optical
drive is attached to a virtual machine.
* VMware Shared Folders created with Windows Easy Install now default to
“Read Only” access of the Mac’s home directory for maximum security
* Option to hide the VMware Fusion status bar to take advantage of more
screen real estate
* Make it more obvious in the status bar that VMware Tools are not
installed or are out of date
* Make it more obvious that virtual machines must be first powered off in
order to change most virtual hardware settings
Bugs Resolved with VMware Fusion 1.1 Beta
* Fixed issue where sometimes the Airport process would take up to 100% CPU
utilization when VMware Fusion is installed
* Slow mouse scroll wheel scrolling performance in Unity has been fixed
* Resolved hang when suspending/resuming virtual machines when FileVault is
* Resolved kernel panic that occurs when unplugging a USB volume that
contains the virtual machine
* No longer switch out of full screen mode when switching between
applications, when the screen saver kicks in, or when opening and closing
the lid of a MacBook/MacBook Pro
* Windows Easy Install now works correctly when no password is set for
Microsoft Vista guests. Previously, the password was incorrectly set to “*”
when the user selected no password.
* Logitech Control Center Caps Lock notification no longer displays when
moving in and out of virtual machine windows
* Date and time stamps are now preserved when dragging and dropping files
between virtual machines and the Mac
* Device menus now work correctly on Mac OS X Leopard hosts