Troi Automatisering releases URL Plug-in 2.0.2 for FileMaker Pro 8.5
Updated plug-in for FileMaker Pro 8.5 lets you get and post data and
retrieve images from the Internet.
November 7th, 2006, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands–Troi
Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi URL Plug-in
2.0.2 for FileMaker Pro 8.5.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from
FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from any HTTP URL.
– use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result
directly in FileMaker Pro
– use the GET command to retrieve data
– use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
– get access to password protected web pages
– encode text into HTTP format
– get JPEG, PNG and GIF images directly into a container field
– send cookies with a request
– show a custom progress dialog during the retrieval (Mac OS only)
Troi URL plug-in allows you to:
– fill in forms on web sites or your intranet
– get online data like stock quotes, weather reports, etc.
– automatically add information to listings and online databases
– search the Internet for terms or other specific items
– get the time of your city
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
What is new in version 2.0.2?
Troi URL Plug-in 2.0.2 is a maintenance release and fixes some bugs,
most notably an incompatibility with the newly released Internet
Explorer 7. Below are the main improvements:
– (Windows) Fixed an incompatibility problem where after installing
Internet Explorer 7 the plug-in would return an error of $$87.
– (Mac OS X) Added “-DontAutoRedirect” switch for the TURL_Get and
– (Mac OS X) Added “-AllowAnyRootCertificate” switch for the TURL_Get
and TURL_Post functions. This will allow root certificates from
unrecognized certification authorities.
– (Windows) Improved default headers with the TURL_Post function
using the -NotEncoded switch.
– Updated and improved several example files.
This plug-in complements the web viewer to get all sorts of data from
the Internet. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see
what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 2.0.2 is
available for downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
Troi URL Plug-in 2.0.2 works with FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5. The
plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Developer
7 or by FileMaker Advanced 8 or FileMaker Advanced 8.5. The plug-in
is available for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher (on PowerPC), for Mac OS X
10.4.5 or higher (Intel-based Mac) and Windows XP (Service pack 2).
Licenses cost US$ 59 per user. Details on developer licenses and
multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order
licenses from our web site.
Product updates from earlier versions, bought on or after March 1st,
2005, are free. Eligible users have been sent a new registration
string. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from licenses bought before March 1st, 2005, are available
starting from US$ 19 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can
be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker
Pro plug-ins. For more information, visit our web site at: