Perth, Western Australia – 18 January 2005 – Stairways Software Pty
Ltd is pleased to announce Interarchy 7.3, the latest version of its
award-winning Internet application for Mac OS X. Interarchy can
download and upload files via FTP (the Internet standard File
Transfer Protocol), SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol), and FTP
over SSH (FTP/SSH). In addition, it can download files or whole web
sites using HTTP (the HyperText Transfer Protocol), provide a wealth
of information about your Internet connection, and help you work with
remote servers across the Internet.
Interarchy 7.3 primarily includes structural changes, completing the
long transition to Mac OS X – the last vestiges of Open Transport
have been eliminated, localized files are all plist or nibs, only the
AppleEvent terminology remains in the resource file. We have also
added the Kagi Registration Module so you can purchase directly from
within Interarchy, and written our own column view to resolve all the
issues with the Data Browser’s column view, and rewritten the list
parser from scratch.
Interarchy 7.3 includes the following new features:
* Removed remaining dependence on Open Transport.
* Converted resources to Mac OS X plists.
* Added Kagi Registration Module
* New column view with support for click rename and all the other niceties.
* Added regular expression driven list parsing and support lots of
new list formats.
* Added regular expression ignored files for Listings, Transfers and Mirrors.
* Include Help Viewer documentation.
* Bundle all the extras into the single application bundle.
Interarchy 7.3 includes the following bug fixes:
* Store the date order for ambiguous date format FTP servers.
* Allow extra space at the start of the file name in FTP listings.
* Resolve modification date issues for FTP and SFTP.
* Edit With ensures that any trailing slash is removed.
* .htaccess (and others) are noted as files (for symlink guessing).
* Command key for Create File (Shift-Option-N).
* Command-Delete deletes bookmarks in the Bookmarks window.
* List View selection highlighting matches the Panther Finder.
* Fixed a race condition crash in dialog input.
* Fixed some updating issues with the Auto Upload and Bookmark bar.
* Fixed some problems with column widths and resizing the Network
* Check Site Links divider behaves correctly.
* Added Register Interarchy menu.
* Consider PureFTPd’s truncated listings as errors.
* Encode HTTP URLs with spaces when parsing HTML files.
* For new FTP Disks created with an existing folder, the folder will
not be trashed if you delete the FTP Disk.
* Check Site Links checks cite=URLs.
Interarchy 7 follows on the long history of improvements to provide a
host of new features. Major new features in Interarchy 7 include:
* Fully Mac OS X native (carbon events and native core networking).
* Tabbed browsing (just like Safari).
* Bookmark Bar (just like Safari).
* Icon view (to complement list view and column view).
* Full bookmark management system, including FTP Disks, Rendezvous
services, bookmarks, Address Book entries, scheduled and startup
* Full internal file mapping support, with Get Info, Edit With, and more.
* Full support for local files (file listings, checking local web sites).
* Full support for dragging between windows (FTP, SFTP, File, HTTP).
* Toolbars everywhere.
* A single combined Transfers window.
* Enhanced scheduling.
* Enhanced Check Web Site including options, local sites and warnings.
* Enhanced mirroring with progress reporting.
* History menu showing recent actions.
* Combined Network Host Info with Ping, DNS, MX, and registrar information.
* Full network traffic watching with detailed packet display.
* Full networking support with trace route, connection list, status, port scan.
* Bandwidth monitoring and graphing.
* Full support for printing.
Interarchy is engineered by Stairways Software Pty Ltd and
distributed by Kagi. Interarchy is licensed on a per workstation
basis (individuals can choose to license it on a per user basis).
New customers can purchase Interarchy from
(http://purchase.interarchy.com/) for US$39.
Interarchy 7 is a paid upgrade from previous versions. 7.3 is a free
upgrade for all Interarchy 7 owners.
Customers who purchased any previous version of Interarchy (or
Anarchie) before October 2003 are able to upgrade to Interarchy 7 for
For instructions on claiming your discounted upgrade to version 7, or
to look up your license details, visit
Steep volume discounts are available for large organizations.
A fully-functional trial version of Interarchy is available for
downloaded from (http://download.interarchy.com/).
For sales enquires, customer service, technical support, or to
contact project management, our current contact information is listed
Extensive online documentation on Interarchy can be found at
A brief taste of Interarchy in action can be found at
A more detailed tour to give you a better idea of Interarchy’s power
and versatility is available at (http://tour.interarchy.com/).
For more information about anything to do with Interarchy visit