Troi Automatisering releases Troi Dialog Plug-in 4.5.2 for FileMaker Pro 8.5
Universal and cross platform plug-in runs natively in FileMaker Pro
8.5 and lets you create powerful custom dialogs.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, October 30th, 2006–Troi
Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi
Dialog Plug-in 4.5.2 for FileMaker Pro 8.5.
New version 4.5.2: a minor update
Troi Dialog Plug-in 4.5.2 is a minor update. This release fixes a few
bugs, including a QuickTime problem that could result in a crash on
Windows. This update is recommended for all users.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts
of dialogs in FileMaker Pro 8.5. The text of the dialog and of the
buttons can be created dynamically by using a calculation. All from
within FileMaker you can:
– show dialogs with variable text and up to 4 buttons
– show an input dialog to let a user input data in up to 9 fields
– choose these input fields to be any of the following: simple text,
password field, popup list or check box
– show a list dialog or big text dialog
– show temporary flash screens
– show a progress bar for lengthy operations
– position the dialog box anywhere on the screen
– add a standard icon or your own icons
What is new in version 4.5.2?
Troi Dialog Plug-in 4.5.2 has these changes:
– (Windows) Improved initialization code and removed dependency on
QuickTime. This could in some cases result in crashes when copying
items to the clipboard.
– Fixed a problem with the Dial_ListDialog function: when calling the
Dial_ListDialog function with an empty listitems parameter, the
function now properly resets the last button clicked and last text
selected. This means that the Dial_GetInput function now returns “”
and Dial_GetButton returns 0 after this.
– (Mac OS X) Dial_InputDialog function: removed incorrectly visible
close/minimize/zoom buttons at top of dialog.
– Renamed the user guide to make it more clear for which plug-in it is.
– give your users better and flexible feedback
– show quick instructions without the user having to dismiss the dialog
– build multi-language systems more easily
– make your solutions look more professional by using your own icons
and title bars in dialogs
– create a small list dialog when you have only a little list and a
big one if you have a big list
– control the way users type in data: you can, for example, let them
type more than 10 and less than 40 characters
All these features also work in a runtime solution. We invite you to
test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 4.5.2 is
available for downloading at Troi’s web site at:
Troi Dialog Plug-in 4.5.2 works with FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5. The
plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Developer 7,
FileMaker Advanced 8 or FileMaker Advanced 8.5. The plug-in is
available for Mac OS X and Windows.
On Mac OS X the plug-in runs in Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher for
PowerPC-based Macs and Mac OS X 10.4.5 or higher for Intel-based
Macs. The plug-in also runs on Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4) or
Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
Licenses cost US$ 49 per user. Details on developer licenses and
multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order
licenses from our web site.
Product updates from earlier versions, bought on or after March 1st,
2005, are FREE: eligible users have been sent a new registration
string in July. Contact us if you have not received yours. Upgrades
from licenses bought before March 1st, 2005, are available from US$
19 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You
can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker
Pro plug-ins. For more information, visit our web site at: