SpamSieve 2.4 is now available.
SpamSieve gives you back your inbox by bringing powerful Bayesian spam
filtering to popular e-mail clients. It learns what your spam looks like,
so it can block nearly all of it. It looks at your address book and learns
what your good messages look like, so it won’t confuse them with spam.
Other spam filters get worse over time as spammers adapt to their rules;
SpamSieve actually gets better over time as you train it with more
messages. SpamSieve doesn’t delete any messages–it only marks them in your
e-mail client–so you’ll never lose any mail. SpamSieve works with any
number of mail accounts, of whatever types are supported by your e-mail
software (e.g. POP, IMAP, Hotmail, AOL).
New in this Version:
* Made various changes to the Bayesian engine to improve accuracy.
* Added some heuristics for detecting phishes.
* Apple Mail messages can now be filed into different mailboxes based
on how spammy they are (requires 10.3 or 10.4).
* The Apple Mail plug-in is now a Universal Binary, so SpamSieve can
be used on Intel-based Macs without running Mail in Rosetta.
* Added support for the new (non-haiku) Habeas headers.
* SpamSieve now plays notification sounds using the alert volume
rather than the master volume, and they’ll be played on the same
output device as alerts and sound effects.
* Added “suppressing notification” AppleScript parameter. You can use
this to prevent SpamSieve from bouncing its Dock icon or showing
Growls when recalculating the spam scores of old messages.
* The Software Update alert is now a sheet, so it won’t interfere
with spam filtering.
* If Path Finder is running, it will be used instead of the Finder to
* Made various tweaks to keep PowerMates from flashing when they
* Adjusted the standard set of rules.
* You can now tab back and forth between the search field and table
in the corpus and rules windows (requires 10.4).
* “Predicted” entries in the log now show the message’s sender.
* Added preference to control whether Apple Mail false positives are
marked as unread.
* Complete 2.4 Change List:
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later (10.3.5 recommended)
Price: $25; free update for owners of previous versions
More Info: (http://c-command.com/spamsieve/)