For Immediate Release
Daystar Adds 1.92 GHz Apple iMac Flat Panel Upgrades and Free 3-Way Shipping
Expands offering for iMac Flat Panels with Free US Ground Shipping Expands
offering with 1.92 GHz Performance Choice for Newer iMacs.
Atlanta, Georgia – August 16, 2005: Daystar Technology, an Apple Authorized
Reseller and Mac Technology Integrator, announced today, that it has
expanded its iMac Flat Panel CPU upgrade line, announced last month. The
upgrade previously was limited to 1.35 GHz for the earlier iMac 700/800 MHz
systems. The company now is able to offer 1.92 GHz upgrades for owners of
the later model 1.0 and 1.25 GHz iMac Flat Panel systems.
The upgrades utilize the most powerful G4 CPUs available today. In
additional to nearly double the CPU cylces, the upgrades also double the
high-performance L2 cache size from 256 KB to 512 KB. The net result…
more than 2x real-world performance for all iMac Flat Panel owners.
Highest Performing 7457 / 7447 Available Daystar is using the latest and
highest performing 74x series CPUs available today, the Freescale 7457 and
7447. The CPU outperforms any 745x shipped by Apple, and boasts a large 512
KB internal L2 cache. The large cache allows the iMac G4 to perform at full
speed, even without an external L3 cache.
No Compromise, Excellent Performance, Free Shipping Like the MAChSpeed G4
Pismo and Lombard upgrades, the iMac Flat Panel upgrade is a full system
upgrade. The user orders on line, then sends their system to Daystar via
Daystar’s custom shipping container. Daystar has enhance this option, by
offering free US Ground 3-way shipping on all orders.
The Cost of the upgrade is dependent on the speed:
* 1.35 GHZ (7457) for the iMac 700 / 800 MHz is $ 548
* 1.92 GHZ (7447) for the iMac 1.0 / 1.25 GHz is $ 588
* xBench 1.2 Scores jump from the mid teens to the high 50’s, surpassing
the fastest iMac G4, and some iMac G5s.
* Double performance for all OS operations and applications.
* Highest qualified G4 CPUs available, rated to 105c!
* Factory installation via Apple Certified Technicians.
* Daystar 21 point system test and diagnostics, with overnight burn-in tests.
* Effortless shipping with Daystar’s custom box and prepaid shipping options.
* Compatible with any Mac OS since 9.2… Including Tiger 10.4.x.
* Supports dual boot systems – works with everything you own.
* Includes XLR8 MAChSpeed Control for exclusive G4 performance / compatibility.
* All upgrades warranted at speed sold, with Daystar’s exclusive 90/728
“We’ve been hammered with requests for the newer iMac upgrades”, said Gary
Dailey, president of Daystar. “We’re of course, excited to be able to
deliver it.. and with free shipping!”
About Daystar and XLR8 Brand Products
Daystar Technology is a Macintosh Technology Integrator. The company
specializes in developing custom solutions, and integrating leading
performance technologies for consumers, enterprise and graphics
professionals. Daystar operates as an Apple Authorized Reseller and Service
center, and maintains a staff of Apple Certified Technicians. Daystar is
also the designer and manufacturer of XLR8 brand products. With its history
as the creator of the original Mac upgrade, the company continues to
deliver the best of the best for the Apple based computing platform.
Daystar currently distributes/resells Apple, XLR8, Giga Design and a
variety of leading brand products via its store front and web store at
(http://4daystar.com). Daystar offers a wide array of Apple performance
products. It also sells and services Apple products via its store-front in
Additional information on Daystar Technology and XLR8 can be found via the
Daystar website at: (http://daystartechnology.com/about/) and