MacReporter 2 Released
MacReporter pioneered the desktop news reading market for Mac OS X back in
2001. It allowed users to quickly get notified when new articles were
published on their favorite web sites, and read those articles without
having to navigate deep inside web sites. It used a very simple yet
unobtrusive Dock menu based interface, and remained silent when nothing was
worth mentioning so that you could go on with your daily duties.
Over the years, desktop news reading became a big phenomenon, seeing the
rise of standards such as RSS and Atom. Since it debuted while those
standards where still in their infancy, MacReporter had been using its own
way of proceeding, allowing it to fetch news from just any site, not only
the web sites that provided RSS feeds, which was pretty powerful for the
A new era has now begun, and it needs a next-generation MacReporter to give
you full power over the ever-increasing mass of available information.
Effortlessly reading news has never been so easy and productive at once.
Main features include:
– Full support for RSS, Atom, Backslash & HTML feeds.
– All-new user interface sporting an advanced article browser.
– Smart News Feeds: Display articles matching your habits and
– Recent articles: You read about it but you can’t find where it is
anymore? MacReporter will show it to you.
– Articles search: Instantaneously find the articles you are looking
– News Feeds Search: Discover sites matching your tastes using keywords.
– Articles sharing: Let your friends or colleagues know about the
latest pieces of news.
– Hot news: outline important articles to either share them or keep
them at hand until you don’t need them anymore.
– Highly customizable user interface to get the news you want, the
way you want it.
– One-click subscription to feeds directly from your favorite web
– Dock Control: Read all your news using the Dock just like you did
in MacReporter 1!
MacReporter 2 is a shareware. It requires any computer running Mac OS X
10.3.9 (Panther), and is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger).
MacReporter 2 can be downloaded at
More information (full description and version history, pricing details…)
is available on our website at http://www.daedale.com/products/macreporter/