Paradigma Software Announces Valentina 2 for Revolution
NEW DESKTOP AND TRUE SERVER APPLICATION DEPLOYMENT OPTIONS FOR REV
DEVELOPERS; SPONSORED REVCON CONFERENCE BUYERS GET $100 DISCOUNT
June 13, 2005. Beaverton, Oregon. Paradigma Software, Inc, makers of the
ultra-fast Valentina 2 Office Server for Mac OS X and Windows, announce
Valentina 2 for Revolution ADK and Valentina Developer Network for
Revolution products. Valentina 2 technology is the result of three years of
improvements upon the incredibly fast and robust database technology
underlying many developer solutions for Macintosh and Windows.
Valentina 2 Application Developer Kits provide software developers with the
incredibly fast and robust Valentina 2 database engine for royalty free
incorporation into their desktop applications. Developers who use Runtime
Revolution (http://www.runrev.com) on Mac OS X and Windows have previously
been able to use Valentina XCMD 1.x for their projects. New advances in
Valentina 2 include:
– New Abstraction Links. Foreign Keys, fast Valentina ObjectPtrs and
Valentina Binary links for 1:1, 1:M and M:M links.
– New Speed Improvements. Valentina 2 Cache, new internal file system and
RAM-based options dramatically increase speed over the already fast
Valentina 1.x technology.
– Unicode. Support for the original 170 encodings plus UTF-8 and UTF-16
native databases, leveraging IBM’s superior Unicode framework.
– Valentina XML. Import and export both data and schema.
– Valentina SQL. SQL’92 compliance as well as native API calls in all products.
– Simultaneous Data Exchange. Connect to data stored on read-only media
such as CDROMS, Valentina-based servers on intranets or the Internet, local
databases and more.
– Transparent File Format. Use the same database files on Windows and Mac
OS X clients and servers.
– 50 example projects to work with.
Others include new reference integrity, record level locks and 448-bit
Valentina 2 for Revolution (single OS) has a price of $199. Valentina 2 for
Revolution Professional includes all operating systems supported and a free
copy of Valentina Studio Administrator, has a price of $299.
Valentina Developer Network Platform Edition for Revolution includes all
the benefits of a Valentina 2 Professional ADK, but also includes:
– License to deploy Valentina 2 Embedded Server (default five connections),
royalty free, on all operating systems supported.
– VDN member only rights to purchase additional Connections to extend the
number of connections on a deployment of Embedded Server.
– VDN member only rights to purchase Embedded Server Unlimited Connections
– Internal developer edition versions of Valentina 2 Office Server
– Prioritized Support and access to VDN private support forum.
– Reseller pricing on Valentina 2 Office Server.
– Free technology updates for at least two years.
Valentina Developer Network pricing begins at $499.
During the week of RevCon West
(http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit/RevConWest/) from June 13-June 20, early
adopters can pre-order Valentina 2 Professional for Revolution and VDN
Platform Edition (Revolution) at a savings of $100. Orders must be placed
through the Paradigma Software online store with the discount voucher
REVCONWEST. Paradigma Software is a sponsor of the show and will be
available to answer at the event to answer questions about Paradigma
Software support for Runtime Revolution.
Valentina-based solutions are available for all major development
environments, including COM, .Net, Java, REAL Software’s REALbasic and
Macromedia Director. Linux development is underway.
For more information, visit the Paradigma Software at
http://www.paradigmasoft.com or its authorized European distributors.
About Paradigma Software, Inc
Founded in 1998, Beaverton, Oregon-based Paradigma Software, Inc is the
leading provider of incredibly fast and robust database solutions for
business and development. Valentina 2 technology powers solutions as
diverse as graphics applications from major Japanese electronics companies
to solutions supporting US public schools. Paradigma Software solutions are
available for every major development environment on the Windows and
For additional information, visit the Paradigma Software website at