Stairways Software releases Interarchy 7.3.3
Perth, Western Australia – 14 April 2005 – Stairways Software Pty Ltd is
pleased to announce Interarchy 7.3.3, the latest version of its
award-winning Internet application for Mac OS X. Interarchy can download
and upload files via FTP (the Internet standard File Transfer Protocol),
SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol), and FTP over SSH (FTP/SSH). In
addition, it can download files or whole web sites using HTTP (the
HyperText Transfer Protocol), provide a wealth of information about your
Internet connection, and help you work with remote servers across the
Over the last year, Interarchy 7 has received a number of awards and
glowing reviews, including a 4.5 mouse rating from MacWorld, 5 stars from
OSXFAQ, The Golden Apple Award from MacNation, rated Essential from The Mac
Orchard, and recently named one of four Apps of the Year for 2004 from the
widely respected Daring Fireball site.
Interarchy 7.3.3 includes the following fixes:
* Fixed a crash when printing/saving listings with disabled columns
* Fixed Reverse network lookup to show the IP address.
* Added Japanese translation
* Added support for another FTP server.
* Added support for SFTP servers that do not send UID/GID information.
* Added support for Smultron as an EditWith editor.
Interarchy 7.3.2 includes the following fixes:
* Includes the French translation.
* Local File Listings now display all files and folders.
* Show service numbers when service names are not available.
* Fixed a bunch of drawing/scrolling problems in column view.
* Fixed a problem where column view could reload the wrong column.
* Find Again now behaves correctly.
* Fixed a CR/LF issue for ignored files PCRE pattern editing.
* Fixed a problem with resizing the Network Connections window.
* Fixed a problem with zooming the Mirror Report window.
* Fixed a problem with the split divider in the Check Site Links window.
* Resolved a problem with Network Interfaces in 10.2
* Create Mirror Place Holder will now replace files if requested.
* Fixed a potential crash when cancelling DNS lookups.
* Fixed a bug that could cause uploaded files to not appear or appear
with the wrong name in a listing window.
* Improved list parsing code.
Interarchy 7.3 primarily includes structural changes, completing the long
transition to Mac OS X – the last vestiges of Open Transport have been
eliminated, localized files are all plist or nibs, only the AppleEvent
terminology remains in the resource file. We have also added the Kagi
Registration Module so you can purchase directly from within Interarchy,
and written our own column view to resolve all the issues with the Data
Browser’s column view, and rewritten the list parser from scratch.
Interarchy 7.3 includes the following new features:
* Removed remaining dependence on Open Transport.
* Converted resources to Mac OS X plists.
* Added Kagi Registration Module
* New column view with support for click rename and all the other niceties.
* Added regular expression driven list parsing and support lots of
new list formats.
* Added regular expression ignored files for Listings, Transfers and Mirrors.
* Include Help Viewer documentation.
* Bundle all the extras into the single application bundle.
Interarchy 7.3 includes the following bug fixes:
* Store the date order for ambiguous date format FTP servers.
* Allow extra space at the start of the file name in FTP listings.
* Resolve modification date issues for FTP and SFTP.
* Edit With ensures that any trailing slash is removed.
* .htaccess (and others) are noted as files (for symlink guessing).
* Command key for Create File (Shift-Option-N).
* Command-Delete deletes bookmarks in the Bookmarks window.
* List View selection highlighting matches the Panther Finder.
* Fixed a race condition crash in dialog input.
* Fixed some updating issues with the Auto Upload and Bookmark bar.
* Fixed some problems with column widths and resizing the Network
* Check Site Links divider behaves correctly.
* Added Register Interarchy menu.
* Consider PureFTPd’s truncated listings as errors.
* Encode HTTP URLs with spaces when parsing HTML files.
* For new FTP Disks created with an existing folder, the folder will
not be trashed if you delete the FTP Disk.
* Check Site Links checks cite=URLs.
Interarchy 7 follows on the long history of improvements to provide a
host of new features. Major new features in Interarchy 7 include:
* Fully Mac OS X native (carbon events and native core networking).
* Tabbed browsing (just like Safari).
* Bookmark Bar (just like Safari).
* Icon view (to complement list view and column view).
* Full bookmark management system, including FTP Disks, Rendezvous
services, bookmarks, Address Book entries, scheduled and startup
* Full internal file mapping support, with Get Info, Edit With, and more.
* Full support for local files (file listings, checking local web sites).
* Full support for dragging between windows (FTP, SFTP, File, HTTP).
* Toolbars everywhere.
* A single combined Transfers window.
* Enhanced scheduling.
* Enhanced Check Web Site including options, local sites and warnings.
* Enhanced mirroring with progress reporting.
* History menu showing recent actions.
* Combined Network Host Info with Ping, DNS, MX, and registrar information.
* Full network traffic watching with detailed packet display.
* Full networking support with trace route, connection list, status, port scan.
* Bandwidth monitoring and graphing.
* Full support for printing.
Interarchy is engineered by Stairways Software Pty Ltd and distributed by
Kagi. Interarchy is licensed on a per workstation basis (individuals can
choose to license it on a per user basis).
New customers can purchase Interarchy from http://purchase.interarchy.com/
Interarchy 7 is a paid upgrade from previous versions. 7.3.2 is a free
upgrade for all Interarchy 7 owners.
Customers who purchased any previous version of Interarchy (or Anarchie)
before October 2003 are able to upgrade to Interarchy 7 for US$19.
For instructions on claiming your discounted upgrade to version 7, or to
look up your license details, visit
Steep volume discounts are available for large organizations.
A fully-functional trial version of Interarchy is available for downloaded
For sales enquires, customer service, technical support, or to contact
project management, our current contact information is listed at
Extensive online documentation on Interarchy can be found at
A brief taste of Interarchy in action can be found at
A more detailed tour to give you a better idea of Interarchy’s power and
versatility is available at http://tour.interarchy.com/
For more information about anything to do with Interarchy visit