MONTGOMERY, Alabama (March 22, 2005) – LAJ Design is pleased to announced
the immediate availability of version 1.0.1 of MaxPod. MaxPod is a
cross-platform application that helps you to maximize what your iPod can do.
“The iPod gives a great platform for music listening, but it can do so many
other functions”, says Luke Jackson, head programmer at LAJ Design. “With
MaxPod, we are trying to automate as much of that functionality as possible.
Right now it can sync files between your hard drive and iPod. It can
download the news and weather into audio files that you can listen to on
your iPod. It can organize your notes, your music, and get directions. I use
it every day. I just set the auto mode to 5:50 AM and by the time I am ready
to go, it has backed up and synced my files, downloaded the news and
weather, which I listen to on the way to work.”
New in Version 1.0.1
* Added in version checking so you can stay up to date
* Changed to delete from iTunes before copying the new daily files over.
* Support for voices options from Cepstral
For the full list, please see the new section on our website.
MaxPod is designed to maximize the use of your iPod. The iPod can serve
great as an external hard drive. It can also display notes, which comes in
very handy. MaxPod takes the core functions and adds a few more.
1. Download the news to audio files and listen on your iPod
2. Download the weather to an audio file and listen on your iPod
3. Backup your music files
4. Backup and sync your documents and folders using your iPod
5. Download directions as notes and save to audio files
6. Add/modify/backup notes, maps, and lyrics on your ipod
It also has an auto mode, which automates some of the tasks. So you can set
it to sync your files, get the news and weather, and be ready to go when you
leave in the morning.
A trial version of MaxPod is available for download from LAJ Design’s web
Mac OS X
MaxPod is shareware software, and costs US$ 16.50 to purchase. A
fully-functional demo version is available.
MaxPod runs on Windows (95,98,ME,NT,2000, and XP) and Macintosh OS X. Speech
needs to be installed on Microsoft Windows PCs other than XP (built into
Purchases may be made from the LAJ Design web site: