FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Updated dialog plug-in compatible with FileMaker 7.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, December 13th, 2004–Troi
Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of its Troi
Dialog Plug-in 3.5.3 for FileMaker Pro 7.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts
of dialogs in FileMaker Pro. The text of the dialog and of the
buttons can be created dynamically by using a calculation. All from
within FileMaker you can:
– show dialogs with variable text and up to 4 buttons
– show an input dialog to let a user input data in up to 9 fields
– choose these input fields to be any of the following: simple text,
password field, popup list or check box
– show a list dialog or big text dialog
– show temporary flash screens
– show a progress bar for lengthy operations
– position the dialog box anywhere on the screen
– add a standard icon or your own icons
What is new in version 3.5.3?
Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.5.3 is a maintenance release. This release does
not bring new functions. It has these fixes:
– Improved the Progress.fp7 example file. It now has an extra
Pause/Resume step of 0 seconds after the ‘show’ step. This will cause
the progress bar and text to be directly visible.
– Fixed a problem in TrDl-ListDialog: completely empty list items and
non empty last lines are now handled correctly.
– (Windows) Fixed a problem in TrDl-FlashDialog, where the cursor
could remain invisible after the flash dialog.
– (Windows) Fixed a bug in TrDl-BigInputDialog, where an internal
Troi debug dialog could appear (with error number 3), when using
FileMaker Developer 7 and the ScriptMaker option “Debug scripts” on.
New Features introduced in version 3.5
Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.5.3 has the same features as version 3.5, which
added these new features:
– added a big input dialog function in which the user can enter a
long text (up to the FileMaker limit of 64000 characters)
– improved the InputDialog function significantly: you can now have
up to 9 input fields
– added possibility to preload password fields in the InputDialog
– furthermore we improved the list dialog significantly
– the flash dialog can display icons (even your own)
– give your users better and flexible feedback
– show quick instructions without the user having to dismiss the dialog
– build multi-language systems more easily
– make your solutions look more professional by using your own icons
and title bars in dialogs
– create a small list dialog when you have only a little list and a
big one if you have a big list
– control the way users type in data: you can, for example, let them
type more than 10 and less than 40 characters
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.5.3 is
available for downloading at Troi’s web site at:
Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.5.3 works with FileMaker Pro 7 and FileMaker
Pro 6. The plug-in is available for Mac OS version 9.1 through Mac OS
9.2.2, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher and Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
Licenses cost US$ 49 per user. Details on developer licenses and
multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order
licenses from our web site.
The update is free for all users of version 3.5. The 3.5.3 version
works with the 3.5 registration string. Users who bought a license
for Troi Dialog Plug-in version 3.x on or after 1 March 2003 are
entitled to a free upgrade. We have emailed these registered users a
new registration string. Please email us if you have not received a
new registration string
Users who bought a license for version 3.x or earlier before 1 March
2003 will need to upgrade to use the 3.5.3 version. Upgrading from a
single user license is $19 per user. Upgrade prices for other
licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from
our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker
Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001.
For more information, visit our web site at: