iView MediaPro 2.6 Lets Users Import iPhoto Albums;
Free Upgrade to All iView MediaPro 2.x Registered Users
LONDON, Aug 31, 2004 – Driven by its passion for developing robust,
scaleable and intuitive media management solutions, iView Multimedia
(iView=AE) today released iView MediaPro 2.6. The newest version of iView’s
award-winning cross platform software permits easy import of iPhoto albums,
an important option for those users requiring seamless integration of their
ever-growing digital libraries. This version also supports Microsoft Visual
Windows users powerful automation of workflows and the ability to perform
batch functions quickly.
Designed for creative professionals in film, video, photography, broadcast,
education and scientific fields, iView MediaPro helps streamline digital
workflows. Professionals can quickly and easily import, sort, organize and
manage very large volumes and types of digital files – helping cut costs
and speed project delivery.
Key enhancements in version 2.6 include:
* Complete support for Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications and JavaScrip=
* New “Getting Started” dialog includes option to convert iPhoto libraries
as well as links to online learning resources.
* Enhanced image editing with new and updated tools, including:
* Transform/Perspective tool;
* Color Levels adjustment tool;
* Color Balance adjustment tool ;
* Preset enhancement tool with fader.
* Updated HTML gallery features:
* Improved default template;
* Added option to define the target file size of JPEG images;
* Added option to frame images;
* Added option to overlay visible watermark (e.g., using TIFF with
* Improved rendering of 16-bit TIFF & Photoshop documents.
* Improved color profile management with the ability to add, remove and
batch profile information from image files including TIFF, JPEG and
Photoshop files (Mac — and now on Windows).
* Japanese language version.
New file formats supported in iView MediaPro 2.6:
* Added support for CorelDRAW=AE previews.
* Improved support for Canon CRW format using the latest Canon software.
Support now extends to images produced with D1 mark II cameras.
* Camera RAW (preview only), Sony SRF, Pentax PEF, Olympus ORF E1, Minolta
Minor additions & improvements:
* Backup feature offers option to update catalog references to files moved
to new location.
* Replaced “Copy to Folder” and “Move to Folder” with a more flexible
“Transfer to Folder” function.
* Added a “volume name” field so that users can distinguish between
removable media (CDs, DVDs, etc).
The update is free to all iView MediaPro 2.x registered users via download a=
Full technical details are also available at this site.
About iView Multimedia
iView Multimedia is a software development and publishing company based in
London, UK. Its flagship product, iView MediaPro, is the leading digital
asset cataloging solution for creative professionals who need to streamline
their processes, shorten time to market, and eliminate costs from the
production cycle. iView MediaPro locates, captures, organizes, annotates,
searches, retrieves and presents digital content, quickly and easily. The
software integrates seamlessly into the creative professional’s established
Since its first product release in 1996, iView has attracted a reputation
for market-leading innovations in the digital media management market. It
continues to enhance this reputation, and its products are widely
recognized as best of breed. More information is available at