Due to the hugely positive response to the initial beta of X11 for Mac
OS X (over 100 thousand downloads!), Apple is pleased to provide a
second public beta for X11 at:
This second beta is available as a free download for anyone using Mac
OS X 10.2.x. It contains a wide range of bug fixes and feature
We have also updated the Technical Q&A:
If you have additional questions, please join the user mailing list at
The X11 Team at Apple
New in X11 v0.2
* Support for Gnome, KDE hints
* Application windows now cascade instead of piling on top of each if
they do not have an explicit placement policy
* Added /usr/include/X11 and /usr/lib/X11 symlinks
* Menu in the Dock now shows a list of X11 windows.
* Support for Copy & Paste working with other window managers.
* No-click-to-focus option : defaults write com.apple.x11 wm_ffm true
* Support for move window events from CodeTek’s VirtualDesktop
* Support to respect the Mac OS X’s International keyboard mapping.
* Keymappings from /System/Library/Keyboards.
* Support for -iconic. E.g. xterm -iconic now puts the xterm into the
Dock on launch.
* New preference options to control xauth usage
* Bug fixes and other feature enhancements
Note: This beta is still based on XFree86 4.2, though we continue to
monitor the progress of XFree86 4.3.
publicsource-announce mailing list | firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.