For Immediate Release: August 28, 2002, Arlington, Texas
Thursby Software Systems offers public beta of DAVE 4.0
Thursby Software Systems announces DAVE 4.0, their latest and most advanced
offering for cross-platform file and print sharing. Thursby’s award-winning
software not only supports Macintosh computers still running Mac OS 9, it
also enhances Jaguar’s SMB capabilities for the advanced and professional
user. Enhancements include: the storage of files in industry standard
formats for compatibility, fully integrated and efficient browsing
capabilities, and increased security.
* Provides NT Domain Login
* Shares files and printers between Macs and PCs
* Supports Microsoft standard browsing (including WINS)
* Provides three options for Security
* Supports Microsoft standard NTFS file format
* Shares CDs, printers, hard drives, folders, etc.
* Supports Windows shortcuts .LNK files
* Supports Distributed File Systems
* Allows “one click” mounting of multiple shares
* Includes fully integrated help
* Provides setup assistant for both Mac and PC
* Features automatic workgroup detection
* Completely supports AppleShare files stored on your PC
* Supports Services for Macintosh
* Allows for Windows network password changes
* Supports Jaguar’s Classic environment
DAVE 4.0 is scheduled for release in September. For pricing and details
refer to the web site: www.thursby.com
Customers who would like to test the public beta version of DAVE 4.0 may
register at: www.thursby.com/beta.
Thursby Software Systems has been developing, supporting and marketing a
wide variety of file share and print share software solutions since 1986.
In addition to DAVE, Thursby products include MacSOHO, TSStalk and MacNFS.
For additional information, see the web site, www.thursby.com.