Troi Automatisering releases Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.1 for FileMaker Pro
Updated plug-in adds more flexibility in creating custom dynamic dialogs in
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, April 2nd–Troi Automatisering today
announced the immediate availability of its Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.1 for
FileMaker Pro 4.0 through 5.5.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts of
dialogs in FileMaker Pro. The text of the dialog and of the buttons can be
created dynamically by using a calculation. All from within FileMaker you
– show dialogs with variable text and up to 4 buttons
– show an input dialog to let a user input data in up to 5 fields
– choose these input fields to be any of the following: simple text,
password field, popup list or check box
– mix these input field types as you see fit
– pre-enter text into all input fields
– have the results of the dialog put into fields without parsing
– show a list dialog
– show temporary flash screens
– show a progress bar for lengthy operations
– position the dialog box anywhere on the screen
– add a standard icon or your own icons
– set the text for the dialog title bar
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “This release 3.1 fixes a hard to
find bug in the Flash Dialog function. We also added a few wishes from our
customers, making it a even more powerful resource for creating flexible
Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.1 adds these new features and fixes:
– added a TrDl-GetPopup function that will return the popup lists
that are currently stored in the plug-in
– added a switch to the TrDl-DoListDialog function. You can now
specify the a width and height of the list dialog
– updated the User Guide and example files
– fixed a bug on Mac OS where the first character would not be
returned when returning a button text
– fixed a bug with the Flash Dialog which could hang the machine
Note that the last bug would only occur when a Flash Dialog was showing at
the same time as the host would ask a client to close a file.
– Give your users better and flexible feedback.
– Show quick instructions without the user having to dismiss the
dialog every time.
– Build multi-language systems more easily.
– Make your solutions look more professional by using your own icons
and title bars in dialogs.
– Create a small list dialog when you have only a little list and a
big one if you have a big list.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.1 is available for
downloading at Troi’s web site at:
Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.1 works with FileMaker Pro 4 and later. The plug-in
is available for Mac OS 8.1-9.1, for Mac OS X and Windows95/98/Me and
NT/2000, and costs US $39 until May 29th, 2002, and US$ 42 per user after
May 29th, 2002. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can
be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Upgrading from the 3.0 version of Troi Dialog Plug-in is free. Users who
bought a license for Troi Dialog Plug-in version 2.x on or after 1 May 2001
are entitled to a free upgrade. We have emailed these registered users a
new registration string.
Users who bought a license for version 2.x or earlier before 1 May 2001
will need to upgrade to use the 3.1 version. Upgrading from a single user
license is $10 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on
our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
XML formatted information
All information for this plug-in formatted in XML can be found here:
If you list our software you can use this XML data to automatically update
information of this product. For more information on this and XSD
(Extendable Software Description Language) look here:
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro
plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more
information, visit our web site at: (http://www.troi.com/).