Troi Automatisering releases Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.0 for FileMaker Pro
New plug-in adds more flexibility in creating custom dynamic dialogs in
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, December 20th, 2001–Troi
Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of its Troi
Dialog Plug-in 3.0 for FileMaker Pro 4.0 through 5.5.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts
of dialogs in FileMaker Pro. The text of the dialog and of the
buttons can be created dynamically by using a calculation. All from
within FileMaker you can:
– show dialogs with variable text and up to 4 buttons
– show an input dialog to let a user input data in up to 5 fields
– choose these input fields to be any of the following: simple text,
password field, popup list or check box
– mix these input field types as you see fit
– pre-enter text into all input fields
– have the results of the dialog put into fields without parsing
– show a list dialog
– show temporary flash screens
– show a progress bar for lengthy operations
– position the dialog box anywhere on the screen
– add a standard icon or your own icons
– set the text for the dialog title bar
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “We’ve listened carefully to our
users’ wishes and have translated this in a tool that will give developers
more control over and flexibility in designing their FileMaker dialogs than
ever. We are proud to present what we think is the ultimate dialog plug-in
for FileMaker Pro!”
“Once again, Peter has taken the time to get it right. Troi Dialog Plug-in
3.0 offers the details of dialog interaction that haven’t been available
until now.”, Albert Harum-Alvarez, (http://SmallCo.net).
Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.0 adds these new functions and features:
– a new and flexible input dialog box, which can have up to five
input fields being either text, password, popup or check box in any
– added functions to set the labels, pre-entered text and popup list
of the input dialog
– added a switch to specify the field in which an input dialog will start
– added parsing functions to make it very easy to use the data
entered and button clicked in a dialog
– added a function to set the position of any dialog on the screen.
Together with the existing functions the possibilities are virtually
limitless. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what
you can do with it!
– Give your users better and flexible feedback.
– Show quick instructions without the user having to dismiss the
dialog every time.
– Build multi-language systems more easily.
– Make your solutions look more professional by using your own icons
and title bars in dialogs.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.0 is available for
downloading at Troi’s web site at:
Troi Dialog Plug-in 3.0 works with FileMaker Pro 4 and later. The plug-in
is available for Mac OS 8.1-9.1, for Mac OS X and Windows95/98/Me and
NT/2000, and costs US$ 39 per user. Details on developer licenses and
multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses
from our web site.
Users who bought a license for Troi Dialog Plug-in version 2.x on or after
1 May 2001 are entitled to a free upgrade. We will be emailing these
registered users a new registration string.
Users who bought a license for version 2.x or earlier before 1 May 2001
will need to upgrade to use the 3.0 version. Upgrading from a single user
license is $10 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on
our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
XML formatted information
All information for this plug-in formatted in XML can be found here:
If you list our software you can use this XML data to automatically update
information of this product. For more information on this and XSD
(Extendable Software Description Language) look here:
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro
plug-ins, databases and utilities. For more information, visit our web site