Troi Automatisering releases Troi Serial Plug-in 2.2 for FileMaker Pro 5.5.
Troi Serial Plug-in updated to work with FileMaker 5.5 and Mac OS X.
Alphen a/d Rijn, The Netherlands, October 30, 2001–Troi Automatisering
today announced the availability of Troi Serial Plug-in 2.2, for FileMaker
Pro 5.5 and for Mac OS, Mac OS X and Windows.
What is the Serial Plug-in?
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro 5.5 easy and powerful access
to one or more of the computer’s serial ports:
– Read from and write to the serial ports of the computer directly
from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application.
– Active X support (on Windows) and Apple Event support (on Mac OS)
for script triggering with Dispatch Scripting(tm), to get incoming
data into the database.
– “Serial-Control” function to temporarily suspend the incoming data
stream and resume it when you are interested in the data.
– “Wait for Match” function to wait for a specific character string
– The possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to
trigger different scripts for different ports.
– Support for high speed connections up to 230 Kbps.
– Buffering of data up to 64k per port.
– Clear example databases and a user manual to get started quickly.
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “We are happy that we can now
provide more features and platforms for the Serial plug-in to our users.
Even if that required building a plug-in for the plug-in itself on Mac OS X
to get it working!”
Troi Serial plug-in 2.2 adds these new functions and features:
– Tested with FileMaker 5.5 and ported to Mac OS X. The Mac version
of the plug-in is now a so called ‘Super Fat’ plug-in that will run
on Mac OS 8, 9 and Mac OS X.
– Added possibility to trigger different scripts for different ports.
– Added support for runtimes (including kiosk mode) created with
FileMaker Developer 5 and FileMaker Developer 5.5 for Windows and for
FileMaker Developer Edition 4.0 for Windows.
– Added extra example files and improved User Guide.
Troi Serial Plug-in can be used whenever you need to send or receive ASCII
data over a serial port. Suggested uses for Troi Serial Plug-in 2.2 are
connecting to a modem, custom switchboard dialing, caller ID, credit card
swiping, controlling external devices (like Billy Bass, the singing fish
😉 ), data acquisition and data transfer. This plug-in is also very well
suited for the use in electronic devices that send data to the computer
continuously, like most electronic weighing scales. An example file for a
weighing scale is included in the download.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 2.2 is available for
downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
Troi Serial Plug-in 2.2 works with FileMaker Pro 4 or later and FileMaker
Developer 4 or later. The plug-in is available for Mac OS, Mac OS X,
Windows95/98/Me and NT/2000, and costs US$ 69 per user. Details on
developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site.
Licenses can be ordered from our web site.
Upgrading from the 2.0 version of Troi Serial Plug-in is free. Upgrades
from earlier versions are available for US$ 25 per user and can be ordered
from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro
plug-ins. For more information, visit our web site at: