Electric Rain Launches Swift 3D Version 2.O for 3D Export to Flash
Latest Version of 3D Application Provides Advanced Modeling Tools,
Increased Rendering Accuracy and Speed, and a Broad Spectrum
Of Vector-Based Output Options
BOULDER, Colo., Oct. 9 /PRNewswire/ — Today Electric Rain, Inc.(R)
announced the release of Swift 3D(R) version 2.0, a standalone application
allowing users to design and render 3D scenes to the Macromedia(R)
Flash(TM) (SWF) file format, as well as Adobe(R) Illustrator(R) (AI), EPS,
and the latest XML-based SVG.
“The feature list of Swift 3D V2 is so long, this is more like launching a
brand new product than just offering a mere upgrade,” proclaimed Mike
Soucie, President of Electric Rain, Inc. “Our users are going to be blown
away at how much modeling, animating and rendering power we were able to
pack into such an easy-to-use interface. Swift 3D has been the leader in 3D
vector tools from the start, and V2’s new features are going to bring 3D
design for Flash to a whole new level.”
Swift 3D’s hallmark is a powerful, yet easy-to-use creation environment.
Swift 3D V2 includes many new modeling tools that empower designers of all
levels of 3D experience to quickly build and animate complex 3D scenes.
New Swift 3D V2 Modeling Features:
* Extrusion and Lathe Editors
* PostScript font support
* Targeted cameras and lights
* Extended primitive selection
* Automated timeline scaling
* Non-uniform scaling of objects
* Numerical positioning of objects
* Ability to animate materials
Swift 3D V2 is powered by the RAViX II(TM) rendering engine. This
second-generation technology offers the fastest and most versatile
3D-to-vector conversion available.
New Swift 3D V2 Rendering Capabilities:
* Two, four, and full color cartoon fills extend the list of shading
* Shadow rendering allows for self, plane and object shadow casting
* Specular highlights that add realism to cartoon fills and gradients
* Line weight, color and detail settings for full control over wireframe
* Up to 50 times faster rendering while handling 250,000+ polygon models
* Previewing system to view and edit rendered scenes before writing a
Swift 3D V2 is available immediately on the Windows and Macintosh
platforms. The SRP for Swift 3D V2 is $159 USD and is currently available
from the Electric Rain website at www.erain.com or www.swift3d.com.
About Electric Rain, Inc.
Electric Rain, Inc. is a fast moving 3D and multimedia software company
with a vision of bringing easy-to-use tools to the masses. Through the
success of its Swift 3D family of applications and the company’s
proprietary RAViX rendering technology, Electric Rain has quickly become
the industry-leading developer and supplier of 3D-to-vector solutions. More
information about Electric Rain, Swift 3D or RAViX is available at
www.erain.com or by calling 1-888-613-1500.