FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Troi Automatisering releases Activator Plug-in 1.3 for FileMaker 5.5
Triggering of FileMaker scripts on a different computer now also available
for FileMaker 5.5 and Mac OS X.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, July 17th, 2001– Troi Automatisering
today announced the availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 1.3, for
FileMaker 5.5 and for Mac OS, Mac OS X and Windows.
What is the Activator Plug-in?
The Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts across
the network, even over the Internet. All from within FileMaker you can:
* trigger a FileMaker script on a different client computer
* trigger a FileMaker script over the Internet
* use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
* send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
* start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
Apart from remote triggering you can also trigger scripts on the same computer:
* trigger a script on a specified date and time
* schedule events which trigger any script you want
* trigger a script after exiting a field
* validate fields with a custom script suited to your specific
* put the computer to sleep till it needs to be activated again (Mac only).
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “”””””””We’re proud to present this
plug-in for the Mac OS X platform at the the start of Macworld New York.
Not only did we add native Mac OS X support, we also added support for
FileMaker Developer 5 runtimes on Windows. We even went back in (version)
time by adding support for FileMaker Pro 4 on the Windows platform. Now you
can even trigger a FileMaker Pro 4 database on Windows from FileMaker 5.5
on Mac OS X!””””””””
The Troi Activator Plug-in 1.3 adds these new functions and features:
* Tested with FileMaker 5.5 and made compatible for Mac OS X. The
Mac OS version of the plug-in is now a so called ‘Super Fat’ plug-in
that will run native on Mac OS 8, 9 and on Mac OS X.
* You can now schedule an event without parameters.
* Added support for runtimes (including kiosk mode) created with
FileMaker Developer 5 for Windows and FileMaker Developer Edition 4.0
* Added support for FileMaker Pro 4.0 for Windows and FileMaker Pro
4.1 for Windows.
The Activator allows you to:
* create a real-time appointment solution, where you can notify a
colleague (on a different computer) of changes in his/her appointments
* notify a user that a shared document can be used
* start processing scientific data on a lab computer (see our Serial
Plug-in for connecting FileMaker to serial devices:
* get someone out of a record, so that it is no longer locked
* schedule processing of incoming email and put the computer to
sleep the rest of the time, saving energy
The possibilities are only limited by your imagination! We invite you
to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional version of Troi Activator Plug-in 1.3 is available for
downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
(http://www.troi.com/software/activatorplugin.html). The Troi Activator
Plug-in 1.3 works with FileMaker Pro 4 or later and FileMaker Developer 4
or later. The plug-in is available for Mac OS, Mac OS X, Windows95/98 and
NT/2000, and costs US$ 89 per user. Upgrades from earlier versions are
free. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found
on our web site. You can order licenses via our web site.
XML formatted information
All information for this plug-in formatted in XML can be found here:
(http://www.troi.com/info/xsd/activatorplugin.xml). If you list information
on our software you can use this XML data to automatically update
information of this product. For more information on this and XSD
(extendable Software Description Language) look here:
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro
plug-ins, databases and utilities. For more information, visit our web site
Diana Budding, firstname.lastname@example.org
2408 NB Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands