Subject: [ANN] Quickie 1.1 – quickly transfer picture to the web
Quickie Photos to web 1.1 is an application for quickly transferring pictures to html formatted web pages. It allows the user options for formatting the html as the user sees fit. It creates not only an index page (with thumbnails for all the images), but also html pages for all of the images. This is a 45-day demo that can be unlocked at anytime by registering. For unregistered copies the days remaining is shown in the about window and on the splash screen at startup.
Macintosh System Requirements:
Quickie Photos to web 1.1 requires a PowerPC, G3, or G4 CPU running Mac OS version 8.0 or higher with QuickTime (with the still image module). In addition, the computer must have at least 32 MB of RAM.
Windows System Requirements:
Quickie Photos to web 1.1 requires a Intel or compatible chip running Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, or 2000 with QuickTime (with the still image, effect, authoring, 3D and internet extras modules). In addition, the computer must have at least 32 MB of RAM.
Features added in version 1.1
* First release of Quickie for Microsoft Windows.
* Added the ability to create just thumbnails of the images.
* Added the option to choose among seven different navigation arrows.
* Fixed a bug where thumbnails would have a double extension on the end (image.gif.jpg).
Quickie Photos to web 1.1 Features
This application includes the above features and following features:
* The ability to import JPEG, GIF, BMP, PICT, QIF, RGB, SGI, Targa, Tiff, or PNP pictures.
* Options for the height, border, and alignment for thumbnails.
* Preview the picture’s thumbnail (at size) while entering a description for that picture.
* A common header or footer text area (allowing for text above or below the photo table) for each page.
* Format the Font, Size, Alignment for the picture description, header line, and the footer line.
* Border size selection for the table, thumbnail, or images.
* Specify html page properties such as background image, colors for text and link, Meta tags.
* Navigation Bar for rearranging the pictures to the desired order or remove unwanted pictures.
* For the Registered user – The option to use a custom template. This allows the user to take a formatted web page, add a few comments to it, and use it as the template. No more hassles of copying tables.
* For the Registered user – The Ability to save the current setup.
* For the Registered user – The option of showing the Created by logo at the bottom of each page.
* For the Registered user – The Ability to use a custom template.
* For the Registered user – No time limit.
How to Register Quickie
Either Visit (http://www.joyenvironmental.com/lajdesign/)http://www.joyenvironmental.com/lajdesign/ or select Register online from the online menu within Quickie.
LAJ Design uses Kagi for its payments. Once you buy from them, LAJ Design will email your Serial Number. You can enter the serial number by either opening the about Quickie window (under the apple menu) and choosing register. Or by choosing the enter code button when quickie starts up. Make sure and type the name and serial number exactly as shown (it is case sensitive). LAJ Design gets a list of all the new licensees and is responsible for any required support. Send any Support requests to (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)email@example.com. This program has been tested on MacOS 8.5, 8.6, 9.0, 9.1, 10.0.4 and on Windows 95, 98, and NT
Visit Quickie’s Home Page for More Information
Download it for Windows
Down load it for Macintosh with MacOS X
Down load it for Macintosh with MacOS 8 or 9
How to contact LAJ Design:
For more information about LAJ Design, visit their website at