For immediate release.
JOY 2.2 AVAILABLE FOR MACOS X PUBLIC BETA
Vienna — Joy 2.2, the popular developer productivity and RAD tool by AAA+
Software, is now available for Mac OS X Public Beta!
Joy provides the fastest path for developers to learn Cocoa, the new way of
developing applications for the Mac. It is the tool of choice for everyone
who wants to peek under the hood of Apple’s next generation OS.
Use Joy’s run time class browser and object inspector to debug your own
programs, or even to inspect Cocoa applications you don’t have the source
code for. Use the built in scripting language (syntactically compatible
teach new methods. Call C functions and Java methods interactively from the
Joy command window. Use Joy with Apple’s InterfaceBuilder to develop
standalone MacOS X applications in record time.
What else can I do with Joy?
That depends only on your imagination!
Here at AAA+ we have used Joy, among other things:
* For rapid development of prototypes
* For Enterprise Objects and WebObjects development
* As a learning tool for newcomers
* As a supplement to Apple’s documentation
* To quickly find out names and prototypes while programming
* To hunt bugs
* To demonstrate Carbon before it was there
* To play BoinkOut.app starting at level 60, with 100 balls
* To do the impossible
For a more detailed description of these examples, go to
What’s new in Joy 2.2?
* Drop-in replacement for WebScript
* Inspection and modification of WebObjects applications at runtime
* Tight integration with Apple’s development tools
* Integrated CVS support
* Generic SQL window in EOModeler
* Built-in complete ANSI C preprocessor
* “Rapid turnaround” for AppKit programs
* Autoloading of Objective-C classes
* Installation and configuration wizard
A more detailed description of these new features can be found at
Pricing and Availability
Joy 2.2 is available for Mac OS X Public Beta, Mac OS X Server, Windows and
To download the software go to:
Use of the software is free for evaluation purposes. A free unlock code can
be ordered by email, with the response being sent by our automated servers
in minutes. Users are welcome to take as long as they need to evaluate the
software, by requesting as many unlock codes when and as they require.
Regular licenses are $69 for users who develop only small scale
applications, and $399 for unlimited use. For details, see:
In keeping with a long-standing tradition, all our registered users are
welcome to upgrade to Joy 2.2 free of charge.
Joy 2.2 is fully compatible with all earlier versions of Joy. Even though
Tcl is no longer the language of choice for implementing new functionality,
AAA+ Software is committed to protecting their customers’ investment into
their technology. Tcl is continuing to be supported and enhanced; for
example access to Java objects from Tcl was recently added.
When Joy was first introduced, it won a Best Tool for New Technologies
Finalist Award at Macworld San Francisco, 1998. That was before we added
Version 2.2 takes Joy’s flexibility even further by offering 100% WebScript
compatibility. Its impressive new features make WebObjects and EOF
development easier and more enjoyable than ever before.
Feel free to contact AAA+ Software and the Joy team on: