We are proud to announce the availability of REALbasic 2.1.1. This update
offers new features, improved performance, and increased reliability.
Please visit (http://www.realbasic.com) to learn more and download this
REALbasic 2.1.1 is available for US$149.95 for the Standard Edition and
US$349.95 for the Professional Edition. More details are available on the
REAL Software, Inc. website.
Release Notes for REALbasic 2.1.1
May 4, 2000
This release contains the following new features:
* (Win32) FolderItem: SaveAsPicture now works for Win32.
Note: On Win32 saves a bitmap file (or .bmp file) rather than a ‘PICT’
file. Saves in all supported picture depths. Appends ‘.bmp’ to
folderItem.name if not already present, truncates file to fit if
necessary. QuickTime is NOT REQUIRED.
* (Win32) FolderItem: SaveAsJPEG now works for Win32.
Saves in all supported picture depths. Appends ‘.jpg’ to folderItem.name
if ‘.jpg’ or ‘.jpeg’ not already present, truncates file to fit if
necessary. QuickTime is REQUIRED.
* (Win32) FolderItem: ExportPicture now works for Win32. Saves in all
supported picture depths. QuickTime is REQUIRED.
* (Win32) QuickTime: OpenURLMovie now works for Win32.
* (Win32) Picture: NewPicture — 2bit, and 32bit Device Independant Bitmaps
(or DIBs) aren’t supported by windows. REALbasic relies on this technology
to provide pictures under Win32, consequently 2bit and 32bit pictures are
not supported. To make your life easier, requests for these picture types
results in the following conversions behind the scenes: 2bit -) 4bit, and
32bit -) 24bit.
* (Win32) Picture: NewPicture — 24bit pictures are supported (Win32 only).
2bit, and 32bit Device Independant Bitmaps
(or DIBs) aren’t supported by Windows.
* (Win32) Picture: NewPicture — 4bit Win32 pictures now in color, uses Mac
standard 16 color palette.
This release contains the following optimizations:
* (All) Listbox: AddRow and RemoveRow now perform up to 10X faster.
The following bugs were fixed in this release:
* (Win32) Bevel buttons value returns the correct value in code.
* (Win32) Disclosure triangles value returns the correct value in code.
* (Win32) Edit field: Single line now refresh correctly on winNT.
* (Win32) Placards now update when their value is set in code.
* (Win32) PopUp arrows facings can be set in code.
* About Box: layout has been slightly altered to better accomodate the
* Events: Using “quit” method now causes Close events to fire, just like
Quit menu command.
* Sprites: now collide correctly even when straddling X=0 or Y=0.
* Strings: InStrB: now does byte-oriented, case-sensitive search (previously
was equivalent to InStr).
* Strings: InStr, InStrB: fixed a minor bug with return value of
InStr(s, “”) (and same for InStrB).
The following known issues still exist in this release:
* (Win32) Edit field: Single line colors do not work – styled multiline can
be used instead.
* (Win32) DisclosureTriangles and PopUpArrows do not refresh correctly
unless self.refresh is used.
*REALbasic 2.1.1 is a free update for all owners of REALbasic 2.x. As
always, demonstration versions are free.
REAL Software, Inc.
PMB 220 http://www.realsoftware.com
3300 Bee Caves Road, Suite 650
Austin, Texas 78746