Indianapolis, IN — Pine Island Software has released a single user license
of its popular ftp client – Beehive ftp forms for just $39.95. The client
is available on both Macintosh and Windows platforms and features Pine
Island’s built-in, “On-The-Fly” streaming compression.
Last year, in response to the ever increasing throughput requirements of
Internet file transfer, Pine Island Software developed a new streaming
compression technology for ftp called “On-the-Fly”. This “On-The-Fly”
technology is now shipping in both the Macintosh and Windows versions of
the Beehive ftp forms single user clients. Because files can now be easily
compressed and sent to an Internet FTP site in one step, Beehive makes the
perfect OFFSITE ARCHIVE UTILITY in addition to its traditional html forms
Beehive streaming compression can compress graphics files “On-The-Fly” with
compression ratios of up to 30 to 1. Text files are typically compressed
about 3 to 1. The Beehive compression algorithm permits the files and
folders to be compressed WHILE they are being sent – there is no offline
compression time consumed as with traditional compression utilities. The
“On-The-Fly” technology permits Beehive to send files faster than any other
ftp package, even when the other ftp packages are combined with off the
shelf compression utilities!
Single user evaluation copies of Beehive ftp forms ver 2.6 (with full
compression functionality) may be downloaded FREE OF CHARGE from the
“On-The-Fly” Streaming compression adds to a long list of Beehive ftp forms
* the first ftp with both Macintosh and Windows clients,
* the first ftp to support dragging and dropping of complete folders,
* the first and only ftp to support built-in html forms,
* the first ftp with encrypted key security,
* the first and only ftp with an automated file post-processor with auto
file retrieval, forms printing, email notification, email receipt,
move-file-to-print-queue, script calling, file deletion, file decoding and
file decompression functions.
* the first ftp to implement streaming file compression.
Beehive ftp forms with “On-The-Fly” compression follows the Beehive –
Simple as 1, 2, 3 forms procedure:
1) drag your files and folders onto the Beehive icon,
2) fill out the form that pops open,
3) click send and the job is ftp’d with streaming compression.
Alternatively, Beehive uses a standard Drag and Drop to ftp listing approach:
1) open the Beehive FTP Site list,
2) double click on the site you want to open,
3) drag files to-and-from the ftp listing (and compression and
decompression is performed automatically).
Beehive ftp forms production versions have been licensed to over 1000
corporate sites and over 20,000 individual users. Beehive is uniquely
suited to applications that require high speed file transfer along with a
transaction form. Beehive is widely used in offset printing, prepress,
reprographics, advertising, newspapers, media-asset-management,
storage-area-networks and medical imaging.
Beehive Product Line Director