Indianapolis, IN 4-30-99
Pine Island software announces the release of version 2.5 of the
Beehive ftp forms client for both the Macintosh and Windows
platforms. Previous versions of Beehive are now installed at over
1000 printing, prepress and publishing sites worldwide with an
estimated 20,000 end users.
Beehive ftp forms – is a full featured ftp client with several
powerful user interface features that make it uniquely suitable for
file-commerce applications, especially in the printing, prepress,
publishing and advertising industries.
1) Beehive is cross platform, Mac and Windows;
2) Beehive supports complete folder dragging and dropping to-and-from ftp
3) Beehive supports offline html viewing through its own “tiny” viewer;
4) Beehive encrypts ftp access information, adding an added element of
security to ftp.
Beehive was rated “four mice” by MacWorld Magazine: “FTP forms
automates the most time-consuming aspects of the service-bureau
business while improving customer service in the bargain.
Cross-platform support and attention to privacy add to its value.”
The Beehive ftp forms client, may be licensed for a single user –
“FREE OF CHARGE” by registering for a license number on the Pine
Island Software Website – www.theBeehive.com. The Windows version of
the Beehive ftp forms client may also be downloaded “FREE OF CHARGE”
from the web site.
Pine Island Software has a companion product to Beehive ftp forms
that automates the processing of received ftp jobs called – “Beehive
ftp manager”. The ftp manager can :
1) automatically pick up jobs (files) from the ftp server and move them to
any drive you specify,
2) the ftp manager can delete files that have been moved from the ftp server,
3) send receipts back to senders, notifying them that their job has been
4) auto-print inbound html forms,
5) send e-notifications of received jobs to administrators,
6) move postscript files directly into an Apple desktop printer queues,
7) call external applescripts to handle additional file post-processing,
8) auto-decode received MacBinary files,
9) move forms to same or differnt location than files,
10) encrypt access keys for a more secure environment.
The Beehive ftp manager is sold as an ftp site license along with an
unlimited distribution license of the Mac and Windows Beehive ftp
clients (for that ftp site) for $595.
In a related announcement, Pine Island Software has announced the
completion of the prototype “Sendfile.net – Internet file transfer
portal” which will function in conjunction with Beehive ftp forms.
This portal will enable Beehive ftp forms users to drag and drop
folders of files, with forms, to any Browser user on the Internet in
a password secured environment.
For more information contact:
Mark Bennett, Director of Marketing and Development
Pine Island Software
Pine Island Software
Developers of Beehive Workflow and File Transfer Software
P.O. Box 707
Fishers IN 46038-0707