[MD1] MRJ SDK 2.0.1 (final) POSTED
APPLE BULLETIN: MRJ SDK 2.0.1 (final) POSTED
July 1: The MRJ Software Development Kit (SDK) is a set of Java development
tools for use with the Mac OS Runtime for Java (MRJ), Apple's Java
execution environment. Developers use the MRJ SDK to:
* Enable standard Macintosh application written in C or Pascal to embed
Java applets, run Java code, and access the Java Runtime through the
* Incorporate basic Macintosh functionality in Java applications using the
* Call Java methods from C and C++.
* Call native methods from Java using JDirect.
* Build stand-alone Java applications using JBindery.
* Run Sun JDK tools through a Macintosh application or MPW script.
New in MRJ SDK 2.0.1 (final) are updated versions of the Sun JDK Tools and
of JBindery. The user interface in JBindery has been simplified, making it
easier to package up stand-alone applications. Also included in this
release is a set of MPW scripts and an MPW tool that gives access to some
of the JDK tools. A JManager 2.0 code example called SimpleRunner, derived
from the "Apple Applet Runner", is also included.
To use these tools, you must have MRJ 2.0 or MRJ 2.1 EA1 installed; they
are available from (http://www.apple.com/java/text/download.html) and
URL for MRJ SDK 2.0.1 (final) :