PowerGlot Software Releases PowerGlot 1.1
Premier Localization Tool for Macintosh Adds New Features
For Immediate Release
(Paris, France) January 11, 1998 - PowerGlot Software announced today the
release of PowerGlot 1.1, a new version of its premier localization tool
for Macintosh software. PowerGlot enables developers to make their products
available worldwide in the native language of their choice, including
2-byte languages like Japanese, Chinese and Korean. PowerGlot 1.1 extracts
text from applications, helps perform the translations and then builds the
localized applications, with an easy to use, fast and powerful interface.
PowerGlot 1.1 adds more than 20 new features and improvements, along with a
handful of bug fixes, mostly for non-roman languages users. Retail price is
US$99.00, with discounts for multiple copies. Site licenses are available.
Upgrades are free for current users. Information and a demo version are
available at: (http://www.powerglot.com/).
PowerGlot 1.1 contains AppleScript support which extends the software's
functionalities. Import and export scripts are provided, along with other
useful AppleScripts. It contains full drag and drop support, integrated
on-line help with AppleGuide and help balloons.
"PowerGlot is the most significant addition to the suite of tools we use
for our cross-platform (Macintosh/Windows) single and double-byte
localization projects." said Ted Wadman, president of Terra Pacific Inc., a
localization company based in Corvallis, Oregon. "It is easy to learn and
has leveraging capabilities for reusing previous Mac translations and
exporting capabilities so we can use the translated Mac strings as a basis
for our translation memory tools on the Windows side."
POWERGLOT 1.1 HIGHLIGHTS:
* All languages supported by the MacOS can be targeted, including 2-byte
* Contextual glossaries for precise control over translated terms.
* Makes it easy to take one version of a translated application and change
it to a new, updated one.
* Automated Translation with reusable glossaries.
* Automatic consistency checks (can be individually disabled)
* AppleScript support. Sample scripts included.
* Extremely fast! Extracting the text or generating a localized application
takes only a few seconds.
* Extracts text from all resource types (including application-specific
resources using Resorcerer templates).
* Online help (AppleGuide and Balloons).
* Drag and drop support.
* Specific support for applications developed with Metrowerks CodeWarrior
and the PowerPlant framework.
* Small memory footprint (needs only 2.5 Mb RAM).
* Online user manual (HTML format).
* Free E-mail technical support.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
PowerGlot version 1.1 is available now. Distribution via electronic
download only: (http://www.powerglot.com/).
PowerGlot 1.1 costs
- US$99.00 per copy for 1 to 4 licenses
- US$79.00 per copy for 5 to 8 licenses
- US$69.00 per copy for 9+ licenses.
- Site licenses are US$990.00.
- World-wide licenses are US$1,500.00.
- Free upgrades for licensed users
For more information: (http://www.powerglot.com/) or email:
Florent Pillet / PowerGlot Software
12 Bd Desgranges, E.10
phone: +33 1 4683 1447