Apple has received eight Imagen Award nominations across five programs, including “Ted Lasso,” “The Mosquito Coast,” “Little Voice,” “Ghostwriter” and “Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special.”
Apple TV+ nominations
Kevin Valdez, the television newcomer nominated for Best Supporting Actor in a Television Drama for his role as a musical theatre buff on Apple Original series “Little Voice,” makes Imagen Award history as the first openly autistic Hispanic actor to receive a nomination.
Apple’s drama series “The Mosquito Coast” was nominated in three categories including Best Director – Television for Natalia Beristain; Best Supporting Actress – Television Drama for Ofelia Medina; and Best Music Composition for Film or Television for Antonio Pinto.
Last year, Apple made its Imagen Awards debut in the first year of eligibility with a matching eight Imagen Award nominations for original series “Little America,” “Ghostwriter,” and “Home.” Apple Original series, films and documentaries have now been honored with 125 wins and 503 awards nominations in less than two years.
In total, Apple today was recognized with Imagen Award nominations for:
- Best Director – Television: Natalia Beristain, “The Mosquito Coast”
- Best Music Composition for Film or Television: Antonio Pinto, “The Mosquito Coast”
- Best Primetime Program – Specials & Television Movies: “Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special”
- Best Supporting Actor – Television (Comedy): Cristo Fernández, “Ted Lasso”
- Best Supporting Actor – Television (Drama): Kevin Valdez, “Little Voice”
- Best Supporting Actress – Television (Drama): Ofelia Medina, “The Mosquito Coast”
- Best Young Actor – Television: Isaac Arellanes, “Ghostwriter”
- Best Youth Programing: “Ghostwriter”
About The Imagen Awards
Founded by legendary television producer Norman Lear, The Imagen Awards are administered by the Imagen Foundation. It’s an organization whose mission is to support and encourage the inclusion of Latino talent, executives and voices in all aspects of the creative process in entertainment media.
About Apple TV+
Apple TV+ is available on the Apple TV app in over 100 countries and regions, on over 1 billion screens, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, popular smart TVs from Samsung, LG, Sony, VIZIO, TCL and others, Roku and Amazon Fire TV devices, Chromecast with Google TV, PlayStation and Xbox gaming consoles, and at tv.apple.com, for $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. For a limited time, customers who purchase and activate a new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or iPod touch can enjoy three months of Apple TV+ for free.*
Article provided with permission from AppleWorld.Today