Apple Fitness+ will release new episodes of Time to Walk, the audio experience on the Apple Watch designed to encourage Fitness+ users to get active by walking more often, beginning June 28.
The same day, Fitness+ will also introduce a new Artist Spotlight series with workouts featuring entire playlists by music artists including Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, and Lady Gaga, as well as workouts with fitness expert Jeanette Jenkins.
Jay Blahnik, Apple’s senior director of Fitness Technologies, says walking is one of the most popular workouts in the Workout app. With Time to Walk, users have been starting their fitness journey or simply mixing up their regular routines by grabbing their AirPods and starting a Time to Walk episode on the Apple Watch. Episodes feature some of the world’s most interesting and influential people who share stories, photos, and music with Fitness+ subscribers.
Starting June 28, users can walk with award-winning actress Gina Rodriguez, from the TV series “Jane the Virgin.” She talks about learning resilience from her dad and how she built confidence in everything from her body image to feeling part of a community. Some of the additional Time to Walk guests include:
- Anthony Joshua, British Olympic gold medalist for boxing and two-time Heavyweight Champion of the World.
- Cynthia Erivo, Grammy, Emmy, and Tony Award-winning actress, singer, songwriter, and producer, as well as Academy Award, Golden Globe, and SAG nominee.
- Joan Benoit Samuelson, gold medalist in the first-ever women’s Olympic marathon and winner of multiple international marathons, including Boston and Chicago.
- Marsai Martin, award-winning actress from the hit show “Black-ish” and the youngest working executive producer in Hollywood at age 14 for her feature film “Little.”
- Michaela Jaé “MJ” Rodriguez, actress and singer known for her role in the award-winning drama “Pose.”
- Naomi Campbell, supermodel, activist, and businesswoman.
- Randall Park, actor, writer, and producer appearing in both the Marvel and DC universes, and in the TV series “Fresh Off the Boat.”
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a practicing neurosurgeon and CNN’s chief medical correspondent.
- Stephen Fry, actor, writer, and presenter.
Each Time to Walk episode is shaped by stories about the guest’s personal, life-shaping moments and includes lessons learned, memories, thoughts on purpose and gratitude, moments of levity, and other thought-provoking topics.
On June 28, Fitness+ will introduce the Artist Spotlight series, where the entire playlist for a workout is dedicated to a single music artist, starting with Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, and Lady Gaga. Every Monday for four weeks, new workouts featuring each artist will appear in the service across different modalities.
Workout types include Cycling, Dance, HIIT, Strength, Yoga, and Treadmill across music genres such as Upbeat Anthems, Latin Grooves, Top Country, and Hip-Hop/R&B. Inspired by these Fitness+ workouts, Apple Music will kick off the Fitness+ Spotlight series also with a complete playlist for each individual Artist Spotlight musician, including motivating, high-energy tracks from their entire catalogs, as well as collaborations and remixes, for a one-of-a-kind workout soundtrack.
Article provided with permission from AppleWorld.Today