Rogue Amoeba has undated SoundSource, a macOS tool that provides access to critical audio settings, to version 4. With the revamped app, users can:
- Control audio on a per-app level, adjusting the volume of any app, or muting it;
- Per-app output selectors make it possible to play different apps through different audio devices.
- The one-click Magic Boost is designed for getting richer, fuller sound from tiny laptop speakers.
- The 10-band Lagutin equalizer can now be applied to audio from Spotify, Safari, and anything else.
- You can apply Audio Unit effects to any application or device.
- You can access all the settings for the Mac’s Output, Input, and Sound Effects devices.
- Super Volume Keys enable Mac keyboard volume keys to work with HDMI monitors and other digital audio output devices.
SoundSource can be accessed via its icon in the menu bar. Regardless of what application is in the foreground, users can adjust their global audio settings with just two clicks. SoundSource also provides the ability to do soft play-through of audio from input devices to any output.
SoundSource runs on macOS 10.11 and higher. A free fully-functional trial available for download. While in trial mode, SoundSource’s features will disable after 10 minutes of use. The unrestricted full version can be purchased for $29. Current users of version 3 can upgrade to version 4 for $19.