Aloft’s DiskWarrior is the powerful disk repair and recover tool for OS X. Having been around since long before OS X, techs and users have learned to use and rely on the simple interface that does a lot.
Alsoft says “DiskWarrior reads the damaged directory and finds all salvageable files and folders and builds a new error-free, optimized directory for you to use. DiskWarrior verifies your repaired directory to ensure it is error free. It then uses a fail-safe method of replacing the damaged directory to ensure that interruptions such as power outages won’t harm your data. File paths, permissions, invalid plists and other problems are tested to ensure your files can be found when you need them.”
The new version 5 includes many features that users have been long waiting for including:
– Ships on a bootable flash dirive to repair your startup disk
– New DiskWarrior Recovery Maker.
– Runs from OS X Recovery partition.
– Repairs partition table damage.
– Includes support for Yosemite and older versions of OS X.
– Recovers more data from drives with hardware malfunctions.
– Detects and repairs more disk problems than ever.
– New Directory Optimization Index.
– Repairs Time Machine backup disks.
To install DiskWarrior 5, your Mac must be able to start up in OS X 10.5.8 or later. This is a change from DiskWarrior 4 which supported installation on older versions of OS X. New Macs have new OS X startup requirements. DiskWarrior Recovery Maker updates your DiskWarrior Recovery flash drive with the latest OS X.
DiskWarrior costs $119.95 Downloaded and Flash Drive or $59.95 for Flash Drive only. For more information, call Alsoft at Voice Toll-Free: 800-ALSOFT1, 800-257-638, International: 281-353-4090 or www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/index.html