InMobi (http://www.inmobi.com), an independent mobile ad network, has revealed its monthly network data analysis findings in its “Mobile Insights Report: North American and Global Editions April 2011.”
The report is based on data from the InMobi network which currently serves 35 billion monthly mobile advertising impressions to over 314 million consumers globally. This report highlights the continued growth of mobile advertising, as the InMobi network grew by 17% in North America (900 million monthly impressions) and 11% globally (3.4 billion monthly impressions) in just three months.
This growth was largely driven by the continued growing trend towards smartphones, which grew by 20% globally or 2.3 billion monthly impressions over the same time period. Total mobile advertising impressions on the InMobi network in North America grew by 17%, which continues to be driven entirely by smartphone impression growth of 37%.
A significant eight out of every 10 mobile impressions in North America is now on a smartphone device. Smartphone impression growth, primarily on Android and iPhone OS continues to fuel the growth of in app advertising which grew by 58% from January to April 2011.
iPhone OS captured +9.4 share points in April 2011, following the early February launch of the Apple iPhone on Verizon Wireless in the US. Although iPhone OS enjoyed a boost with the Verizon launch, Android remains the top platform in the region with 37% share of total impressions, leading iPhone OS by 4.0 share points.