There’s much ado this week over Apple’s "Tablet" announcement tomorrow. It’s particularly interesting that more people know about this announcement than they do that President Obama is doing the annual "State of the Union" address the same day. There’s no doubt that we’ll see some surprises.
I’ll put my stake in the ground and say that I believe the tablet will be:
- Name: iPad
- 10", just one size
- 2 versions: one with 3G wireless, one with WiFi only (or one version with optional 3G plan)
- iPhone OS derivative, but with the ability to switch apps (a la Expose)
- No home button
- Price to start at $599
- Content master: eBooks, movies, tv shows, web browsing, etc…
- New model for newspaper and magazine publishers (via iTunes — do we get to rename it yet?)
- Sharable by multiple people in the household
I’m hoping to see a virtual keyboard with tactile feedback — but it’s a pretty tall order.
I’m sure that I’ll be wrong on some of these things … but that’s the guess that I’m thinking.