ZiggySoft software company today announces the release 1.3.7 of iWeb Valet
(release focus: MobileMe support), a tool to enhance and upload iWeb pages.
What is iWeb Valet?
Apple’s iWeb is the easiest way to create and publish great-looking
websites. You see what each webpage will look like as you work on it; you
don’t have to know anything about programming or web-authoring languages
such as HTML.
After you have created your pages with iWeb, instead of publishing your
site to MobileMe, you can publish your site to a folder on a local
destination (your hard disk, for example), then you can use iWeb Valet to
enhance in many ways your iWeb pages, and finally have your website
uploaded on a FTP server.
iWeb Valet features will allow you to:
* Personalize iWeb page titles by adding a prefix of your choice.
* Add a favicon to your iWeb HTML pages.
* Fool Spam Bots by encoding all email addresses in your iWeb pages, so
that the email couldn’t be picked up by these bots.
* Add META tags to provide more information about your webpages and gain a
top ranking on crawler-based search engines that support tags.
* Perform multiple ‘search and replace’ operations on all html files
contents at once; you can easily make changes of simple text chunks as well
as html tags and iWeb default naming conventions.
* Encode special characters inside your web pages to solve some display
anomaly in non-English texts.
* Change the maximum size of all JPEG images of your site simultaneously
and very quickly.
* Apply a fixed compression ratio to all JPEG images of your iWeb site
folder, to save space in your web server.
* Add to your iWeb site folder other folders and files not managed by iWeb
(favicon, programs, documents, etc.)
And after those changes, iWeb Valet can quickly upload the contents of your
iWeb folder to a web site via FTP, with:
* Size comparison files check: iWeb Valet will only upload files that have
changed (or new files). This saves time, because you will avoid, whenever
you make a single change in iWeb, to re-upload the entire site.
* Option to remove the files in the destination when correspondent file is
not present in the source directory, in order to save space in your web
server, which will provide more room for documents as your site expands.
Other powerful iWeb Valet features:
* Backup/Restore functions (in compressed format) to protect your iWeb
sites files from accidental data loss.
What is new in iWeb Valet 1.3.7?
Added basic MobileMe iDisk upload support.
iWeb Valet is US$19 shareware, with a 30 day fully functional trial.
Product page: (http://www.ziggy-soft.com/News.html)
Universal Binary: (http://www.ziggy-soft.com/z_progs/iWeb_Valet_UB.dmg.zip)
Mac Intel: (http://www.ziggy-soft.com/z_progs/iWeb_Valet_X86.dmg.zip)