COMM-UNITY NETWORKING SYSTEMS RELEASES POP3IT 4.0.5, A FILEMAKER PRO PLUG-IN.
Fort Worth, TX, March 18, 2008 — Comm-Unity Networking Systems releases an
update to POP3it Pro to enhance the functionality of some of the plug-in’s
features as well as fix several bugs. POP3it Pro continues to be the
easiest plug-in for downloading email directly into a FileMaker Pro
database with little to no scripting necessary in its most basic mode.
POP3it Pro allows you to connect to a POP3 Email Server and download email
directly into your FileMaker Pro database. The plug-in also allows you to
import email directly from the mailbox storage files of popular email
clients like Thunderbird, Eudora, and Apple Mail. With the advanced plug-in
architecture of FileMaker Pro 7 and above, POP3it Pro has the freedom to
work with your email databases like never before. It’s entirely possible to
add email downloading capabilities to your databases without writing a
– Fixed a bug with DisplayMessage where the content wasn’t showing up if the
Subject had a Question Mark in it.
– Fixed some bugs dealing with closing files on the Mac platform.
– Fixed a bug in SaveAttachment where it wasn’t saving Attachments in the
correct place in certain circumstances.
– Completely rewrote/reworked the Attachment/Referenced Inline
Attachment/Unreferenced Inline Attachment code to better handle emails,
especially those coming from Apple’s Mail.
– Fixed a bug with plain text emails not passing through character
conversion routines to display non-English characters in FileMaker Pro.
– Fixed an issue with renaming files.
– Rewrote the majority of the low-level Protocol code to be more stable and
– Fixed some issues with the SSL/TLS code.
– Added some code to deal with POP3 Servers that don’t allow any commands
– Lots of minor bug fixes/changes based on other plug-in code.
– FileMaker Pro
POP3it Pro requires FileMaker Pro 7.0v3 and above to function properly.
The plug-in will not load under previous versions of FileMaker Pro. If you
have FileMaker Pro 7.0 but have not updated to 7.0v3, you can obtain a free
update from FileMaker, Inc’s website.
– Mac OS
POP3it Pro requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or above. The plug-in is a Universal
Binary so it is compatible with both PPC- and Intel-based Macs.
POP3it Pro supports the same versions of Windows that are supported by the
host version of FileMaker Pro the plug-in is being used with.
– No-Script Downloading – Add email downloading to your database without
having to write a single script!
– SSL/TLS Support – Download email from secure mail servers like Gmail.
– Import Emails – POP3it Pro can import emails from files on your hard drive
in several different formats including files that have the source of a
single email or files in the “mbox” format such as those used by Thunderbird
and Eudora. POP3it Pro can also import emails from Apple Mail 2.x mailbox
– Integrated Account Management – Set up all your accounts within the
plug-in instead of creating a database to store them.
– Cancel Downloading – The new status window contains a Cancel button to
gracefully quit those long downloads.
– Simplified Calculation Functions – Use the easy functions for quick set
ups, or turn on the Advanced Functions to add power to your databases.
– Contain Those Attachments – Download attachments directly into container
fields in your database.
– Ignore Certain Attachments – You can now examine attachment names before
extracting them and only extract those attachments you want.
– Advanced GoToMessage – The new GoToMessage function can go to any message
by number or Unique ID.
– Reply Easier – New QuoteMessage function allows you to quote reply
messages just like an email client.
– Timestamp Messages – POP3it Pro now returns message dates as Timestamps so
you no longer have to convert the date format yourself.
– All New Plug-in – Completely rewritten from the ground up based on years
of experience in developing FileMaker Pro plug-ins.
– FileMaker Pro 7+ Native – Takes full advantage of the FileMaker Pro 7+
– Universal Binary – Runs on PPC- and Intel-based Macs.
– Backward Compatibility – Turn on the Backward Compatibility option and use
your existing POP3it Classic database without changing a single script.
– Extract What You Need – POP3it Pro’s advanced functions allow you to
extract only what you need out of email.
– Easy Loops – POP3it Pro’s Connect, GoToMessage, and Disconnect functions
make looping through your messages a snap.
– Attachments Where You Want Them – Tell POP3it to save attachments anywhere
on your hard drive. You can even base that location on the message content
Demonstration Version Available
A demonstration version can be downloaded from the POP3it Pro product page
at (http://pop3itpro.cnsplug-ins.com/). Once there, click the “Download
Now” button to begin the download process. You can evaluate POP3it Pro for
30 days for free, however, after 30 days, POP3it Pro should be removed from
your hard drive if you do not plan to purchase a license for it. The demo
version of POP3it Pro will show a splash screen the first time it is used
for any given FileMaker Pro session to remind you of the number of days left
in your demo license. Once you purchase and register your copy of POP3it
Pro, the splash screen will no longer show.
Purchasing POP3it Pro
To purchase POP3it Pro from our secure website, go to
(http://www.cnsplug-ins.com/) and choose the “Purchase (Prices)” link at the
top of every page (in the gray area). We accept Visa, MasterCard, American
Express, and Discover. We also accept Purchase Orders and checks under
special circumstances. Please email or call us if you would like to
purchase with a Purchase Order or a check.
A single user license for POP3it Pro is $65. We have several multi-user
price points available on our secure site. Educational/Non-Profit Discounts
are available for roughly 20% off the listed price. Prices are subject to
change without notice.
If you own a POP3it Classic license, upgrade options are available. If you
purchased POP3it Classic anytime from February 1, 2007 to July 31, 2007, the
upgrade is free. Please contact us for your new License Key. This free
upgrade option expires on January 31, 2008. If you purchased anytime from
August 1, 2005 to January 31, 2007, you are eligible for a 50% discount off
the full price of POP3it Pro. Anytime before August 1, 2005, you are
eligible for a 25% discount off the full price of POP3it Pro. If you are
unsure of when you purchased, please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Upgrade prices and discounts are subject to change without notice. As of
September 1, 2007, POP3it Classic is officially retired and is being sold at
a discounted/unsupported rate. Purchases of POP3it Classic at this
discounted rate are not eligible for upgrades.
Money made from sales will go directly back into making other great plug-ins
like POP3it Pro!