NICKENICH, Germany (December 28th, 2007) — Monkeybread Software
releases version 7.8 of the MBS plug-in for REALbasic.
The MBS plug-in comprises a collection of several plug-in parts which
extend the REALbasic development environment with over 900 classes
featuring over 18000 documented functions.
The plug-ins require REALbasic 5.5 or newer. Also required are 300 MB
hard disc space and around 64 MB of RAM in addition to the requirements
of REALbasic and your operation system itself.
While all plug-in parts compile on Mac OS 8.x, Mac OS 9.x, Mac OS X
(universal), Linux and Windows, each function may depend on additional
system requirements to work successfully.
Plugin licenses are available for components or for the complete
collection. Starting at 20 Euro (+VAT) for one component.
If you buy a current license, you will get free updates for one year.
After that year, you can update your license to cover an additional
The plugins can be downloaded on MBS’ website as one big package or
several smaller ones:
The online documentation can be found here:
A few of the new items in version 7.8:
* DesktopFolderMBS now works for Windows.
* Added NSScrollViewMBS, NSTextMBS and NSTextViewMBS.
* Updated to Mac KRM 1.0.7
* Added NSControlMBS and NSButtonMBS classes. You can add a checkbox to
a NSSavePanelMBS using this class.
* Added new methods to SystemConfigurationMBS class.
* Added rtf and htmlString methods to the NSAttributedStringMBS class.
* Added NSSavePanelMBS and NSOpenPanelMBS classes.
* Added MirrorPictureMBS, HMirrorPictureMBS, VMirrorPictureMBS and
MirrorMBS to picture class.
* Added WebViewMBS.dashboardBehavior.
* Added ASIO for Windows to PortAudio class.
* Added iMediaBrowserMBS class based on a framework
Please check their license options!
* Added functions to the WinHIDMBS class to read USB data in background
thread and use a poll function to get data.
* Added QTSoundOutputMBS.Finished event.
* Added several new HTMLViewer properties and methods for Windows.
* Added RegExMBS.Escape function.
And a lot of small changes&fixes requested by our users.
Read the complete release notes here: