TopXNotes 1.3 UNIVERSAL Released
Tropical Software, Inc. (www.tropic4.com) of Neptune Beach, Florida, has
released the latest version of TopXNotes, our modern note organizer for Mac
OS X loaded with handy features.
This new Universal release has many powerful features including Drag and
Drop import and export of Notes and Groups, scroll wheel support, text or
RTF imports now available, drag to trash to delete a Note or Group. We
have also added an extension “topi” for a note exchange format. This is
our best release yet and we hope you enjoy it!
TopXNotes is also now Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) compatible.
See our Leopard FAQ for details and screenshots:
—– What is TopXNotes? —–
* MultiView- View as many notes as will fit across your display
* MultiView sliding toolbar- keeps text buttons always above where you type
* NoteOrganizer- an integrated table of contents as separate view in the
main TopXNotes window.
* Preferences- Tune TopXNotes just the way you like it
* QuickNotes Menu- Instant access to your key notes
* Automatic data file backups
* Unlimited Undo
* Automatic note backup options
* Note level encryption keeps sensitive information safe
* Extensive Import and Export options
* Extensive Drag and Drop options including text, notes and groups of notes
* Color text, style, font and font size, all user-selectable, all saved.
* Full note to note drag & drop and cut/copy/paste of text.
* Cut/copy/paste and/or drag and drop text to and/or from other applications.
* Fonts menu with last used fonts conveniently at the top of the menu.
* Recognize web page, ftp and email links automatically and launch from
them by a single click.
* NoteOrganizer is an integrated table of contents with categories and groups
* Each note (page) can be identified by its name, category, number, date
created and/or date modified.
* Notes may be further organized by groups and categories you specify.
* Theoretically unlimited number of notes and note size
* Page (note) turning arrows
* Optional automatic save on page turn or save on a time interval
* Customize with many user Preferences
* Optional basic encryption
* Export text as either plain text or RTF
* Template pages for easily creating new kinds of notes
* A set of 10 templates including Web and Financial Accounts, Serial
Numbers and various other lists.
* Provided a unique note pad for each system user
TopXNotes requires a PPC or Intel Macintosh computer running Mac OS X
10.3.9 or higher. TopXNotes requires very little disk space (under 20 Mb.)
and of course space for any notes you create. TopXNotes currently requires
20 Mb. of RAM. TopXNotes now checks Mac OS version and should quit if Mac
OS is older than Mac OS 10.3.9.
For further information, please visit us at www.tropic4.com
TopXNotes retails for $35.00 ($40 on CD).
TopXNotes 1.3.0 has the following changes:
* Significant changes were made to accommodate the architectural
differences between the old Macintosh PowerPC-based machines and the new
* Universal binary now runs natively on Intel or PPC.
* Quartz text rendering
* Scroll wheel support
* “Two finger” scrolling on PowerBooks and MacBooks supported.
* Import text or RTF files
* New extension for “exchange” format
* Drag and Drop Notes and groups to/from Desktop.
* Drag and Drop Notes and/or groups to Mac OS X Trash in the dock to delete.
(Only works in Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) if the Trash can is open.)
* Option to export groups with categories or not.
* Improved support for other languages.
* Prohibit ReadMe from being opened twice
* Changed Auto-Save to enhance reliability