Parallels Desktop for Mac, beta2
Today, we improve our improvements with the release of Beta2! Check out
USB 2.0 support. Work with critical USB 2.0 devices like external hard
drive, printers, and scanners at full native speeds. Just plug and play! A
heads up; “isynchronous” devices like Bluetooth devices, webcams, etc. do
not work with USB 2.0 yet, but we’re working hard to get them up and
running. When we have new devices support, I’ll let you know immediately.
* Full-feature virtual CD/DVD drive. Burn CDs and DVDs directly in virtual
machines, and play any copy-protected CD or DVD just like you would on a
* Improved Coherence mode. The groundbreaking feature that lets you run
Windows applications without seeing Windows is now even more usable.
Starting today, you can:
– Place Windows applications on your Mac desktop or in your application
dock. Just click to launch them directly from OS X!
– Use Command+tab to cycle through Windows and Mac applications
simultaneously, and “hide and show” Windows applications just like you
would with Mac applications
– Use Coherence in both Windows XP and Windows Vista!
* Better support for using Boot Camp partitions in Parallels Desktop.
– Full support for both FAT32 and NTFS partitions
– Easy offline configuration; simply tell Parallels Desktop that you want
to create a virtual machine from a Boot Camp partition and click “start”.
No complicated set up required.
– No need to re-activate Windows each time you switch between Boot Camp and
Parallels. Activate Windows only once and work in both environments.
Use Parallels Transporter to make VMWare Workstation and Microsoft Virtual
PC images work Parallels Desktop. Use Parallels Transporter, our free tool
that helps users move an entire real PC to a virtual machine, to make an
existing VMWare Workstation or Microsoft Virtual PC virtual machine
compatible with Parallels Desktop for Mac. Whether you’re moving a real PC
or a VMWare or Microsoft virtual machine to Parallels Desktop, you won’t
lose a single byte of data or re-installing a single application.
You can download Beta2 at
The final release version of the update will be FREE to all registered users.