Ultimate announces Impostrip Book Stacker-
For On-Demand web-to-print variable lengths book production
Montreal, October 9, 2006 Ultimate Technographics Inc,
http://www.imposition.com/, the pioneer and leading imposition software
developer, announces the release at Graph Expo of Impostrip Book Stacker
This is a unique application that automates the process of creating Cut &
Stack Jobs; for customers doing one-off books of varying lengths – photo
albums and book-on-demand. Impostrip Book Stacker will be shown live in the
HP, IBM and Ultimate booths at Graph Expo in Chicago.
Based on the Impostrip core technology and the Ultimate page pairing
automation intelligence, Impostrip Book Stacker prepares and sends to print
imposed books as each set of 2, 3 or n-up gets ready for printing.
– Eliminates the need for operators to attend each job to add blanks
– Allows a faster and non-interrupted imposition process going to the Rip
– Insures optimization of digital presses by feeding imposed books non-stop
– Reduces Paper waist by optimizing imposition
This unique tool is designed to allow customers to drop multiple books into
a single Hot Folder to reach a high level of automation. Once the Book
Stacker Hot Folder is configured with specific n-ups (n-stacks) and other
preferences, it automatically imposes the pages accordingly, supplying
blank pages for each book to complete all stacks of the first set, to move
to the next one and so on. Impostrip Book Stacker will automatically fill
all stacks and complete the imposition for all the books in the folder
without any supervision.
“Digital printing and more specifically web-to-print process requires a new
breed of imposition tools that automate production for digital presses,”
explains Joanne David, Executive Vice President of Ultimate. “When you are
producing one copy of a book from an on-line order, you don’t have a lot of
time for prepress and you must simplify your process for binding one book
at a time. This is even more important for books produced with variable
content. It is also the case for production optimization to print as many
pages as possible per impression.”
Impostrip Book Stacker has the following features:
– PDF, over 150 Mac and Win PostScript applications, EPS and Tiff.
Dynamic Job Calculation
– Automatic calculation of the number of sheets needed every time a new
book arrives in the queue.
– Automatically add blank pages to refill the signatures
– Job sets are automatically created as new books arrive
Priority options for File Order:
Options to determine how to sort and place books files: 1.Alphanumeric
Order 2. First In
All standard cut marks, folding marks are included as well a color bar.
Print Out-Put Formats
PDF, PS and JDF as Duplex, Manual Duplex, Last to First, Back First, Groups
Job Progress Preview Window
– Color preview
– Info panel displays job information such as the number of Blanks used
– Highlights the Active set
– Displays the queue type: Single or Multiple
– Displays File Order settings: Alpha/First In/Optimize
– Option for “Force Print” to allow printing of a job even when the Job Set
100% completed. In this case Book Stacker will add the needed blanks to
– Option to manually add a job file or to replace existing one.
– Option to allow jobs reprints without processing files again.
– Option for manual Hold and Release
– Option to define how many copies to print. The downloader will be used
when printing to the press
– Includes Portrait, Landscape, Repeat Stack templates.
Impostrip Book Stacker is a Windows based software that will be available
in the fourth quarter of 2006. It is hot folder driven and can be placed on
a network to service all workstations.
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Ultimate (www.imposition.com) invented
digital imposition over 15 years ago with the first release of Impostrip,
and has continued to play a leading role in the market ever since in
providing the most innovative and progressive imposition products. The
company is continually evolving Impostrip to be the first to take advantage
of new operating systems or DTP applications and over 150 other
applications supported in PostScript and PDF. Over 25,000 imposition
solutions have been sold to date to prepress professionals and digital
printers around the world, and the company has a rich history of providing
imposition technology into hardware and software workflow solutions for
print industry providers including AGFA, Kodak, Xerox, Creo, HP, Xeikon and