Startly Technologies Announces Docktopus for Tiger
New application enhances Mac OS X Dock
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa, September 20, 2005 – Startly Technologies, LLC., a
leading provider of productivity solutions, today announced the release of
Docktopus 1.0. Similar to the way Apple Mail uses a badge to display the
number of unread messages from its Dock icon, Docktopus allows users to
overlay custom badges on their Dock icons. These badges give users a
convenient source for real-time information about the items in their Dock,
such as an application’s CPU or Memory usage. With badges like the iTunes
Control and iCal Event Peek, Docktopus provides users with a new way of
using their Dock – allowing them to control and get information from
applications directly from their Dock icons.
Docktopus adds the following functionality to the Dock:
* Access statistics like drive space available, the number of files in a
folder and the size of a specific file or folder present in the Dock.
* View upcoming iCal events by simply rolling the mouse across the badge.
* Access commonly used files and nested folders from a pop-up menu.
* Play QuicKeys Shortcuts, AppleScripts and Automator Workflows.
* Get instant access to general information such as CPU usage or Memory
consumed by a given application.
* Display iTunes track information, cover art and control iTunes.
* View the number of unread Mail messages in specified accounts and mark
messages as junk.
In conjunction with the launch of Docktopus, a development kit will be made
available to the Mac OS X developer community that will allow them to
create their own badges. For additional information on the Docktopus SDK,
Pricing & Availability
Available immediately, Docktopus has an introductory price of $19.95 and
can be purchased direct from Startly Technologies by calling 800-523-7638
or 515-221-1801 or online at www.startly.com/shop.
Startly Technologies, LLC
Startly Technologies develops personal and productivity software that saves
time and effort for countless Windows and Macintosh users worldwide. We are
dedicated to providing solutions that are reliable, easy to use, and
designed with both the expert and novice user in mind. For more
information, visit www.startly.com.