FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CDFINDER 4.5 RELEASED
September 1, 2005, Langenhahn, Germany
West-Forest-Systems today announced the immediate availability of
CDFinder is the perfect software solution to organize your disk and
data archive, and to keep track of digital media assets.
It is the powerful disk cataloging utility for the Apple
Macintosh that catalogs any data disk, CD-ROM, DVD, iPod,
network volume, floppy, ZIP, Audio-CD, and more.
CDFinder can share the catalog data in a network, and supports a
wife variety of audio data, including MP3 and AAC files, Audio-CDs,
and photo files (EXIF, IPTC)
Contents of archive files can be cataloged as well, including
StuffIt, Compact Pro, ZIP (used by Mac OS X), TAR, .rar,
and Apple Installer (Tome) files.
The CDFinder application contains the user interface translated into
several languages: German, French, English, Italian, Swedish,
Spanish, and Dutch.
Together with CDWinder for Windows, (http://www.cdwinder.de/)
this is a unique cross platform, network solution to catalog disks
and CD-ROMs on a Macintosh and a PC.
CDFinder is currently used on more than 30,000 seats worldwide.
Customers include IKEA, NASA, CIA, Warner Bros., Pfizer, Hasbro,
Springer & Jacoby, University of Edinburgh, New York Times,
University of South Australia, BYU University, Stanford University,
Futurenet, Saatchi & Saatchi, Ringier AG, Advico Young Rubicam,
BBDO, McCann-Erickson, Jung von Matt, World Book, Inc.,
The Principal Financial Group, Fossil Partners LP, Addison Design,
StoreImage Programs Inc., Clipper Magazine, and many more.
CDFinder requires Mac OS X 10.2 and is fully compatible to Tiger.
A CDFinder Private License starts at $30, several Business Licenses
New in CDFinder 4.5:
– CDFinder now reads numerous photo meta data, such as EXIF and IPTC,
and also JPG, TIFF, BMP and PICT sizes and color depths. This is not
using Spotlight, so it will work even in Mac OS X 10.2 and 10.3
– Of course, a number of new Find parameters are available to quickly
find photos by the new meta data
– In Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, CDFinder can now use Spotlight to search
the local disks while a normal catalog search is in progress
– To display the new meta data, CDFinder has a new Inspector window
where all know information to any selected file will appear
– CDFinder now requires Mac OS X 10.2 or newer. This allowed us to
remove a lot of old code, and increase the speed of most operations
– It is now possible to read the file and folder comments of the Mac
OS X Finder. Previous versions could only read the old comments from
Classic. This new features is quite slow, though, because the
official way to obtain that data according to Apple is simply really
– The User Interface of CDFinder has been improved and looks a lot better now
– Copying the Found Items into the Finder is a lot faster and more
efficient now, as all items of one volume are copied in a single step
– When cataloging audio CD’s, CDFinder will now make better use of iTunes data
– CDFinder can now Find Duplicates thanks to the free Third-Party
tool “Incremental”, written by Miguel Saro
– As usual, a couple of other minor issues has been solved
This is a free update for all registered users.
The new version can be obtained from the CDFinder Web Site