Spiny releases Comictastic 2.3
Spiny software announces the release of version 2.3 of Comictastic.
Comictastic is a comic strip reader and aggregator. Similar to
NetNewsWire and other news reading applications, only specifically
tailored for comics. Comictastic fetches your favorite strips every
day, and presents them all in a convenient interface. The main
changes in version 2.3 include RSS feed support and interface
Comictastic is shareware, and costs $15. Version 2.3 is a free update
for all Comictastic users. Mac OS X 10.3.9 is required.
– Support for 10 breathtakingly humorous comics built right in.
– Your favorite comic isn’t supported? No problem! Just type in
the URL and relax. No awkward plug-ins or HTML knowledge necessary.
– RSS and Atom support for comics that provide feeds (you can
also use this feature to read news feeds, in a gimpy sort of way).
– Download comic archives to easily catch up on missed days.
– Save comics on your disk for later browsing using the handy
– Scheduled refreshing–wake up to fresh comics, just like that!
– Simple, intuitive interface puts flimsy newsprint to shame.
View your comics one at a time, or all at once, newspaper-style. It’s
– E-mail comics to your friends using the built-in E-mail Comic
feature, or just use drag-and-drop to do it your own way.
– Export comic “definitions” (the files that tell Comictastic
how to download a comic), or import definitions created by others,
enabling you to instantly add support for new comics.
– Zoom in on those tiny, hard-to-read comics–or zoom out! The
possibilities are practically limitless!
New in 2.3:
– RSS and Atom support. Some comics now provide RSS feeds — a
superior method of comic delivery, both for the cartoonist, and you.
– Email Comic. Quickly send comics to your friends — or enemies.
– Interface improvements. The main window is much more glamorous
now — kind of like those big kids with their “delicious” interfaces.
– Redesigned preferences dialog.
– Brand-new New Comic Setup Assistant makes adding new comics
easier and less painful than ever before!
– The Edit Comic sheet has been replaced by a Get Info panel.
– New cache format and location. The cache is now stored in ~/
Library/Application Support/Comictastic/Cache/, and is structured
– Performance improvements, especially in launch time.
– Numerous other bug fixes and miscellaneous improvements.
Product page (due to be updated early morning august 9): http://
Download link: http://comictastic.com/Comictastic_2.3.dmg