Thursby Announces ADmitMac v3 for Apple Tiger & Panther
Arlington, Texas — After a long wait, Thursby Software Systems has
announced that ADmitMac v3 is now in beta and is on target to ship
mid-August. ADmitMac provides for the secure and complete integration of
Apple Macintosh computers into Microsoft Active Directory environments.
Delayed by critical bugs in Apple’s OS 10.4, since corrected in 10.4.2,
Thursby is now quickly readying their new release of ADmitMac.
Important features of ADmitMac as compared to Apple’s latest Tiger offering
* Full support of Microsoft NTFS file system allowing for storage of
Macintosh files with multiple forks in a single file.
* Secure protocols, including NTLMv2 and SMB signing, which allow
connections to Windows Server 2003 without requiring the administrator to
downgrade the security on the server.
* Complete support for Microsoft’s Distributed File System. Tiger contains
no Dfs support at all.
* Includes both Macintosh and PC utilities for managing desktop settings.
* Deployment tools for support of large and complex site installation.
* Works with Adobe’s InDesign CS.
ADmitMac v3 is a free upgrade for all customers under a current support
agreement or who purchased ADmitMac on or after April 1, 2005.
Additional information on Thursby products can be found at www.thursby.com