LinkScan 11.5 — Generates Google Sitemaps and other enhancements
San Jose, CA, July 19, 2005. Electronic Software Publishing Corp. (Elsop)
introduces LinkScan 11.5.
LinkScan delivers powerful test automation and website management
capabilities to content developers and corporate management. It is highly
accurate and offers exceptional performance and scalability to large
enterprises. Advanced customization features permit webmasters and quality
assurance engineers to create completely automated test suites. Key
features in the new release include the following:
* LinkScan now generates Google Sitemaps in Extensible Markup Language
(XML) format. Google has recently solicited website owners to generate
special sitemaps according to the Google XML specifications. These Sitemaps
enhance the ability of Google to add your web pages to their index.
* If your site has dynamic content, or pages that aren’t easily
discovered by following links, you can use a Sitemap file to provide
information about the pages on your site. This helps the Google spiders to
know what URLs are available on your site and about how often they change.
* LinkScan automatically and easily generates Google Sitemaps.
Google Sitemaps are a way you can alert your users to new content quickly
* LinkScan continues to provide leading edge LinkScan SiteMaps
and LinkScan TapMaps to ease and enhance website navigation.
We have also:
* Added a percent completion display to the title bar of the Windows
interface when a scan is in progress. When the window is minimized, the
percentage is shown in the Windows Task Bar.
* Enhanced the LinkScan Pinger with several new options including the
ability to send more succinct e-mail notifications (especially useful for
sending text message alarms to cellphones).
* Implemented some improvements to the handling of bad characters in URL’s.
* Made an addition to the Diagnostic Trace. When a URL is dissected and
the hostname resolved, the IP address is logged. This has proven useful in
investigating problems associated with round-robin DNS environments.
* Fixed a (rare) problem with the LinkScan Profiler.
* Made several small fixes and enhancements to LinkScan Dispatch.
* Incorporated a number of other minor enhancements, bug fixes and
These developments underscore Elsop’s ongoing commitment to meet the needs
of organizations with very large intranet websites and public websites. The
latest performance boost compliments the extraordinary and incomparable
speed with which LinkScan validates external links. LinkScan uses
multi-threaded simultaneous processing to check 20 or more links
LinkScan is being used by such large and diverse organizations as Sun
Microsystems, Hewlett-Packard, The World Bank, Cisco Systems, Cambridge
University, Wells Fargo, Computer Associates, Boeing, Ford, General Motors,
Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, HBO, United Technologies, Knight Ridder, KPMG,
Verizon, Consumers Union, MIT, the White House, Yahoo!, and the U.S.
National Security Agency.
LinkScan operates on all Microsoft Windows, Macintosh OS X and Unix
Systems. Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME and NT 4.0/2000/XP are all fully
supported. Compatible Unix systems include AIX, BSDI, FreeBSD, Digital
Unix, HP/UX, IRIX, all major Linux distributions, and SunOS/Solaris.
Version 11.5 is a free upgrade to users of version 10.x and 11.x. Free
fully functional evaluation copies of LinkScan 11.5 may be downloaded from
the company’s website at: http://www.elsop.com/