For immediate release
Dublin, Republic of Ireland – February 15, 2005 – Lismore Software Systems
(http://www.lismoresystems.com) announced today the release and immediate
availability of an updated version of Guest PC 1.0.1
What is Guest PC?
Guest PC is a Mac OS X application that allows you to easily create and
manage virtual x86 computer on your Mac. You can install Windows operating
system and access applications available only for Windows compatible
The Guest PC has a build-in Windows Setup Assistant that allows to create
your virtual computer promptly and easily and install Windows on it.
Windows Setup Assistant will install all the required hardware, setup
modem, printer and will prepare a network connection. After Windows is
installed you will see Windows desktop with a welcome screen.
Guest PC bundled with DOS and ready to install Windows. To install Windows
a user must have his own copy of Microsoft Windows.
For more details how to use Guest PC, please visit
What’s new in Guest PC 1.0.1?
– “Can’t created configuration file” error if FileVault enabled
– “Not enough free disk space” error if Mac has the multiple partitions
– Hangs while accessing the internet or a network
– 10MB transfer size limit via network
– DHCP addressing with AirPort
– IP address conflict between Mac and Guest OS
– A:\INSTADD.EXE file not found in Windows 2000/XP installation
– Incorrect chars in the username in Setup Assistant window
– Inability to select .DMG CD images
– Fedore Core 3 crash
– Support for .toast and .cdr CD images
– Support for .floppyimages floppy images
– Support for NextStep and OpenStep CD images
Availability and Pricing
Guest PC 1.0.1 is available immediately from our online store –
http://www.lismoresystems.com at US$69.99
The price includes Family License and free support. Family License allows
you to install Guest PC on all computers in your family.
All current customers get a new Guest PC 1.0.1 version at no charge.
For all registered users of any previous Blue Label PowerEmulator version,
Guest PC is available at US$34.99
Hardware: Apple Macintosh with PowerPC G3, G4 or G5 processor
Operating system: Apple Mac OS X version 10.3 or later
Free Hard Disk Space: 2 GB or more
RAM: 256 MB or more
Display: 1024 x 768 color display
Storage: CD or DVD drive
Peripherals: Keyboard, Mouse or compatible pointing device
About Lismore Software Systems
Lismore Software Systems, Ltd. was founded in 1996. The first product was
the Blue Label Power Emulator which emulates an x86 computer on classic Mac
OS. Blue Label Power Emulator was rewritten for Mac OS X and now is called
To learn more about Guest PC, please visit Lismore Software Systems web
site at http://www.lismoresystems.com